XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Stock vs Upper Pulley 1.5Lbs Upgrade - Video!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

Thanks cincinnati!

If you only need an ECU and a pulley, Paramount Performance in the U.K. just sent me this email:

--------------------------------------------------
Hello Patrick,

Thank you for your reply, we can offer you the following prices:-

ECU upgrade carried out - £599.00
Upper super charger pulley supplied £299.00
Package deal - £700.00
Plus shipping.

If you have any further questions or you would like to book these upgrades to be carried out then please dont hesitate to get in contact with me either via e-mail or you can call me on the number below to discuss your requirements further.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Gerald Morten
Technical Performance Manager
Paramount Performance
Tel +44 (0) 1753 533633
www.paramount-performance.com

--------------------------------------------------

I know it is a bit much, especially because of shipping prices, but I have seen a few of their dyno videos and many of the 4.2L Supercharged motors they tune put out 400+ horsepower at the wheels. One of their XKR's had 510~ at the wheels! Very impressive!

Old 04-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

patrick thanks for the info ! I really wish they were in the USA , but i'm going to look into shipping prices. Do you know if EUROTECH offer what i'm looking for ( ecu tune and pulley )

Old 04-14-2009, 08:21 PM

Yes, Eurotek Designs sells their Stage 1 kit for $1000. What is included in this kit is an upper supercharger pulley, a new belt, a panel filter (K&N), and an ECU tune.

From what I've heard, they will re-tune your ECU to match any modifications or future modifications that you do to your car, for free! Unfortunately for me, they will not tune my ECU because I have a pulley that is not from their company.

If you are interested, you should definitely e-mail or call them! Their stage one kit might be the exact thing you are looking for...

Old 04-14-2009, 08:44 PM

patrick , i talked to them ( eurotek ) and there kinda hard to work with from the coversation i had with them. If you dont buy there complete "stage one" package they dont seem to intrested in the "a la carte" deal. I even told them i needed there pulley, belt, ecu tune but not the k&n filter because i already have that.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:27 PM

Yes, I agree with what you observed. This is why I am not going through their company as they, more or less, outright refused to sell me any part of their stage one kit.

There are other options though. Have you tried Eurotoys LTD? They offer an ECU tune and a two pulleys, one for 1.5lbs of extra boost and another for 2.5 to 3lbs.

Here is the link for the website: www.eurotoysltd.com

Apart from Paramount Performance, Eurotek Designs, and Eurotoys, I really have not found any other options for ECU tuning. There is a local shop near me that does insane work on BMW's and Aston Martins. It is a little shop called RMS (Race Marque Systems) Superchargers. I am currently waiting on an e-mail from him giving me details of an ECU tune for my XJR and the price. Osh Minelian,the owner, claims that he can tune the ECU because it is very similar to the ones used on the Aston Martin Vantages that he supercharges.

If/When he get's back to be, I will let you know the details.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:07 PM

anyword yet on the ECU tune from RACE MARQUE SYSTEMS ? I took my car to the local dragstrip and it went a 14.20 @ 108 mph. Now keep in mind i could not get the car to hook at all tires are not in the best condition either , it would blow them away leaving the line. But what i was most happy about was the 108 mph i ran in the 1/4 !

Old 04-20-2009, 12:00 AM

Unfortunately, I still have not heard back from RMS. But I have been cruising the BMW forums and it seems that many of the people who have dealt with that company have had bad experiences. (Missed completion dates for months, thousands of extra dollars beyond the original quoted price, loaning out customer cars, using customer cars for personal use etc..)

I don't think I will go with this company unless they do get back to me with an incredible deal.

A 108mph trap speed is very impressive. I recently raced a friend with an E46 BMW M3 with Dinan intake and exhaust...I didn't expect to win since those cars are seriously fast and because he is a great driver. I matched his launch every time (we raced 5 times) and I would pull half a car with each gearshift. By the top of third gear, I was about 1.5 - 2 car-lengths ahead.

On a side note, each time we raced, he had a different excuse as to why I pulled away. "SMG II was not in the fastest shift mode, traction control was on, I hit the rev-limiter accidentally etc..." (He wanted to race me because he was sure he would beat me)

His car has been taken to the track and has run times between 13.2 and 12.9 @ 108mph average. I figure my car, and yours, should be in that range if we can get the car to hook up in first gear.

Here is a tip for launching that works best for me. I warm up the tires before launching but I turn traction control ON when I do launch. It seems the car likes having the system on as the car will not short-shift in first or any other gear. In my opinion, it pulls harder off the line too. Just roll on the throttle...you'll get a feel of it after doing it a couple of times.

Btw, I am using street tires too with about 60% tread left. Falken FK-452 tires with a 300 treadwear rating with an AA traction rating. I like them a lot...very good alternative to the Pirellis that came with the car.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

hello there, Patrick and cincinnati , i'm new on this ,but very interested in getting ECU TUNNING. I have a 01 XJR. I was trying to get a supercharger lower pulley upgrade since i was told that this one produces more power than the upper one ... I found one in Ebay, i asked the seller if they sell the upper smaller one , and this is what he answer me...I coppied his answer........
"H, I don't do the upper pulley as it is not a simple job for customers to fit. You have to cut off the old pulley from the shaft, heat the new pulley to a high temperature and push / hammer on (it is a 15 thou' interference fit!) I manufacture the lower pulleys which are available as an outright buy or on an exchange basis (the double pulleys are re-machined and fitted with a new front pulley). The top pulleys give 5% more power, the lower ones 10% more power. There is no need to reset the ECU as it will recognise the higher air flow and fuel up accordingly. If you fit both pulleys (ie 15%+ power increase) you should reset the ECU for high rpm fueling as it can run weak when boosted at 18psi+. Regards, Chris. (Tel 01494 875157 if you wish to discuss further)."... so what do you think of this , and ,can you give me some advice , i'll appreciate your help Thanks... JORGE

Old 04-21-2009, 03:32 PM

Well I can honestly tell you that I am not very familiar with the X308 XJR's. I have heard of people getting the lower pulley and it seems they are very happy with the results. As for ECU tuning, I am still deliberating on which route I should take. There are a few companies available that do tune your car and mine. I suggest you e-mail them to get some more information. Good Luck!

Old 04-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

That's a cool video indeed
Thanks for the pics as well. Gotta love XJR for sure

Old 04-21-2009, 04:18 PM

toys r xjr, i agree with patrick813 on your car and and the upgrades.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:28 PM

patrick813, thanks for tips on the traction control at the dragstrip. At this point i'm leaning towards eurotek "stage one" kit even tho they strike me as not being straight forward on questions that i have asked via e-mail. And i guess race marque is out of the question ..lol

Old 04-23-2009, 02:56 AM

Yep, I am completely disregarding RMS at this point. It would be cool to see you get the Stage 1 kit from Eurotek. From what they claim, you should gain some considerable amount of power. For $1,000 it's a pretty good deal since you get an ECU tune as well as a pulley.

Keep us posted on this!

Old 04-24-2009, 01:24 PM

ok, i'll keep you posted.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:16 PM

UPDATE: went to the local track and the jag went 13.42 @ 105 mph took off the traction control and it finaly hooked

k&n filter
mobil 1 5w30
seafoam additive
No other mods at this point

Old 05-03-2009, 05:47 AM

That sound's about right for a stock XJR. I wish there was a 1/4mile track near me...

How many passes were you able to make and what was your best 60ft time?

Old 05-03-2009, 07:46 AM
Received 2,192 Likes on 1,358 Posts

and kenne bell superchargers make the tool to press the blower pulley on n off without damage. And hammering on can damage the internal seals and bearings on the shaft

Old 05-05-2009, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by patrickw813
That sound's about right for a stock XJR. I wish there was a 1/4mile track near me...

How many passes were you able to make and what was your best 60ft time?
Sorry for the delay....

r/t .068
60ft 2.05
330 5.69
1/8 8.69
mph 82.12
1000ft. 11.26
1/4 13.42
MPH 104.80

Old 05-05-2009, 05:42 PM

I made 4 passes the other 3 i had the traction control on.......... LOL

Old 05-05-2009, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by BRUTAL
and kenne bell superchargers make the tool to press the blower pulley on n off without damage. And hammering on can damage the internal seals and bearings on the shaft
yeah i just checked there web site the part is $132 (is there a loan a tool program) lol

Quick Reply: Stock vs Upper Pulley 1.5Lbs Upgrade - Video!