XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Stock vs Upper Pulley 1.5Lbs Upgrade - Video!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

How were your times with the traction control on?

Getting a good 60ft time with our cars is damn near impossible...you're the first that I've seen get so close to breaking into the 1.xx range on street tires...

Old 05-06-2009, 06:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think the car performs better with the traction control off. I think the car hooked on that particular pass so good because the big tire slick cars went right before so the track had some rubber and vht down. I cant wait to get some real mods done to my car thats in my signature.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 539 Likes on 402 Posts

Patrick--I don't mean to hijack the thread but noticed you were in SoCal and apparently you have found some local shops in the San Fernando Valley. I sent you a PM.

Doug

Old 05-08-2009, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by cincinnati
i think the car performs better with the traction control off. I think the car hooked on that particular pass so good because the big tire slick cars went right before so the track had some rubber and vht down. I cant wait to get some real mods done to my car thats in my signature.
Since you have already gone to the track and posted a pass with your car unmodified, it would be very interesting to see how much the modifications in your signature will make. How soon are you planning to do all that work? I want to see the upgraded car make a pass!

Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
Patrick--I don't mean to hijack the thread but noticed you were in SoCal and apparently you have found some local shops in the San Fernando Valley. I sent you a PM.

Doug
PM sent.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:45 PM

im hope in the next 30 to 60 days for the "new" mods. I have to many other motorsport hobbies that are costly ......lol

Old 05-10-2009, 04:31 AM

Yes motorsports is a very costly thing to take part in.

I am a little unsettled right now though...I have been using Proscan to monitor my car, which has the 1.5lb pulley installed, but have only managed to get 13.5psi of boost. I have spiked at 14psi of boost but during a 0-150 run, I monitored a consistent 13.5~psi (give or take 0.2).

Even though 13.5 is higher than factory boost (13.1), I was expecting a lot more. I will look into this and I might contact Mina Gallery to remedy this...after all, the product was listed to give "1.5lbs of extra boost".

I'll keep you all posted on this.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:32 PM

yes keep me post on your final results and the outcome of mina pulley. Could the belt be loose or even worn ? i dunno just thinking outside the box a little

Old 05-22-2009, 03:36 PM

Hey there cincinatti! Sorry it has taken me this long to respond but I have been extremely busy the past few weeks.

I contacted the Mina Gallery about this issue and they were more than willing to resolve the issue. Within the next few weeks, when I do find the time, I will more than likely be purchasing and installing their exhaust. (For a great price;D)

I will let you know the details of this...I might even be able to squeeze it in this weekend or the next. Lets hope I get some time!

Old 06-26-2009, 06:52 PM

Apologies for the delayed update but I finally got the Mina exhaust today. Installed it in my garage by myself.

I did not have a camera to document the install but I must say that the entire thing was very straightforward. The Mina exhaust slips right into the factory midpipe/resonator at the rear axle and all you need to do is tighten a clamp and hook the exhaust onto the rubber supports.

Now for sound. When the car is wide open, I must say the car resembles the sound of an Audi RS4 or a V8 AMG Mercedes. The exhaust noise as a whole is not loud and obtrusive. To the untrained ear, it might sound like the exhaust came from the factory (Mercedes AMG/Audi RS4). However, coming from the factory Jaguar exhaust, it is a world of difference.

Now for the one thing that irks me. at about 1700-2300 rpm, the exhaust drones a bit. What is really unfortunate is that the motor sits between that range under normal cruising so it might become annoying. It may take me some time to get used to, and I hope I do learn to get used to it. However, this is my initial impression...between the RPM range stated above, it drones a little too much.

Overall, the sound is amazing.

So power...Mina claims a 10-12 HP increase. Do I feel a difference? I really can't say I do...however the throttle response does seem to be a bit better. The tranny also seems to bang off shifts faster...

So am I happy and would I recommend this system?

Yes.

Pictures and video coming soon!

Old 07-04-2009, 10:15 PM

patrick813 , are you going back to the dyno to see if you picked up any "true" hp/trq numbers.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by cincinnati
patrick813 , are you going back to the dyno to see if you picked up any "true" hp/trq numbers.
I don't believe I will be back to the dyno until I get my ECU reflashed by Eurotoys. I am awaiting an e-mail from that company to answer a few questions I have...if everything seems satisfactory, I will go ahead with the ECU flash and then head back to the dyno.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just read this whole thread and have been searching around the Forum as I have beed advised to do by senior members.

I do have a few questions (please correct me if I understand wrong):

1. It is my understanding that there are 2 pulleys to the supercharger (upper and lower)

The upper has less power gain? And requires more installation efforts (machining a part of the charger)?

The lower has more power gain? <---- What is the BEST source to get the pulley?

2. The exhaust has 3 sections, 1 pipes from the motor / 2 the cats / / 3 the resonators (2?) / 4 rear mufflers .... I just got the car 3 days ago and have not had the opportunity to put it on a lift.

What is the best exhaust mod to increase power, and give it some sound?

From my readings, an X pipe, and mufflers (a la Mina Gallery)... will produce this power and sound increase without crazy droning?

3. Not too many places do ECU tuning (but this thread is old)...Anybody know where to get the car tuned after mods in the NorthEast?

I know those are a lot of questions....any and all info you guys can come up with is appreciated.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

what do you use if you cut off the stock blower pulley? and is it that much less work wit then the pulley installer?

shawn