XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Suspension hard

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension hard

Hi all
had my XJ 2.7 sport premium for a few months now. It's not been without issues but with your help I have sorted all but one problem.

The NSR air suspension is very hard and thumps over the smallest pot hole, it's not a rattle or knock like a worn bush. The car sits level no fault codes or warning lamps, can activate the strut with jag software no problem.

so I replaced the strut today and when I removed the old one it was a green dot comfort strut. Haha that's the problem. Put the new,second hand strut on red dot sport one. Roadtested still the ruddy same!!

when you first start the car you can bounce the rear ok, drive it and park up engine running bounce the back and its hard?

puzzled, any ideas people?

Old 03-10-2017, 11:08 AM
Received 189 Likes on 123 Posts

Get the car to a certified Jaguar shop. You have air suspension problems big time. Cats system fault or failure.

Cheers

Old 03-25-2017, 11:28 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Mark,once cats system diagnoses an error in the suspension (yellow light on dash CATS Fault) it will go into lock mode. (Hard suspension)you have to fix the problem first most likely a bad shock with bad electronics. once this is corrected you need to get the error codes removed by the dealer.