XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Tales of a neglected 2004 XJR and HELP Please!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 04:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tales of a neglected 2004 XJR and HELP Please!

I have had a few year hiatus from the Jaguar world with my last adventure being an 02 XJR. Car was overall good other than a couple things like tps and valley hose of course!

On to my next adventure in insanity wow! I picked up a 2004 XJR that was supposed to have extended warranty so figured everything was cared for...NOT! I did get a deal on it so not complaining just surprised how neglected this thing was. Has 128K so figured lots of things had been replaced but it appears most everything is possibly original. List of neglect below:

Valley Hose leaking, ugh the fun has begun!
Broken EGR pipe
Rotted Radiator outlet
Broken nipples on reservoir
hoses
vac lines
cracked belts
who knows what else

Long story short this thing is all tore apart and I have most of the gaskets and hoses to get this thing back together. In my haste to tear it apart I'm not sure where some of the coolant hoses like the egr and return hose behind the thermostat housing go. I don't want to get them messed up and cause problems with having them in the wrong location. Can anyone tell me where I can see the routing diagrams for these? Thanks in advance for any input on this, I'm looking forward to being in a JXR again!