XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Are there any Jaguar Technical People out there???

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 09:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are there any Jaguar Technical People out there???

Don’t know if you can help with this - I fitted a Sat Nav system to a XJ8 (2002 early small screen black & white) the car was prewired so everything was easy just fitted the player and an antenna.

Take a read at this

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/jaguar/jaguar_xj8/7605675-1.html

The Sat Nav button did nothing when I pressed it on his car ,as per this forum entry , the forum refers to a “ X 300 Navigation Setup disk” .This makes sense to me as there is probably a ROM update required to make the Sat Nav function buttons work on the head unit.When I first loaded the disc (a real Jaguar Disc that came with the Player) the head unit did an update and the Sat Nav Mode button showed its options , but when I powered off the ignition it went back to doing nothing .I have phoned a few dealers, not very helpful. I tried to call Jaguar but you cant get near anybody as all numbers lead to call centre staff who know nothing .Are there any Jaguar people on this forum that can tell me if this disk does exist and who might have it. I am quite happy to take the car to a dealer and pay for this but they appear to think that I am referring to the actual map Discs cant get it through to them that this is a separate setup disc

Old 10-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Received 2,192 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by haysmuir
don’t know if you can help with this - i fitted a sat nav system to a xj8 (2002 early small screen black & white) the car was prewired so everything was easy just fitted the player and an antenna.

take a read at this

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/jaguar/jaguar_xj8/7605675-1.html

the sat nav button did nothing when i pressed it on his car ,as per this forum entry , the forum refers to a “ x 300 navigation setup disk” .this makes sense to me as there is probably a rom update required to make the sat nav function buttons work on the head unit.when i first loaded the disc (a real jaguar disc that came with the player) the head unit did an update and the sat nav mode button showed its options , but when i powered off the ignition it went back to doing nothing .i have phoned a few dealers, not very helpful. I tried to call jaguar but you cant get near anybody as all numbers lead to call centre staff who know nothing .are there any jaguar people on this forum that can tell me if this disk does exist and who might have it. I am quite happy to take the car to a dealer and pay for this but they appear to think that i am referring to the actual map discs cant get it through to them that this is a separate setup disc
you need to take it to the dealer and tell the car it has nav now. The other modules see nav, but until theyre introduced they ignore it. Then it should function properly after the vin block read is updated to know it now has navigation

Old 10-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tried talking to the Dealers

I have spoken to the dealers and explained what I have done , they say that this is not possible. I need to be able to go to them with an explanation of what they need to do to introduce the system parts to one another.I need information on the Jaguar part number for the setup disk

Old 10-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

keep looking around hasymuir, I think brutal is referring to using their WDS diagnostic system computer to tell the car the NAV is present. Take the car in, show them your hardware and software you installed (the disc); perhaps there is a communication problem, as I gather you have only talked to them on the phone.