XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Update for the GPS navigator map CD?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 07:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Update for the GPS navigator map CD?

Dear all,

I couldn't find a thread or a single post on this topic, so here I go:

Since I have a Jaguar XJ8 from 2005, the navigator seems to work 99 % fine on most of the European roads (they don't change too often...). But the remaining 1 % create me every now and then some problems, if I'm driving in a completely unknown area to me.

And here is my question: I've seen that updates (=new CD's) are available at a crazy cost of 500-700 €, but sincerely that is too much for me! Any great ideas from where to get an updated and current CD map (for Europe) with a more decent price?

All the best to you, dear fellow Jaguar enthusiast!

SSE

P.S. It's actually quite fun driving my XJ8 with the "manual" option of the gear box!

Old 11-14-2016, 07:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 342 Likes on 260 Posts

Hi Sebastian,
There are "copied" updates that can be found for Europe at a much decent price.
I did that a couple of years ago for my previous XJ8 (now replaced by my Super V8 that already has an update), the brand at the time was Naveuro, disappeared now.
The issue has been addressed in the french forum (Forum Jaguar - Forum-Auto , make a search there) with people giving links for updates. Otherwise, ask again

The following users liked this post:
SebastianSE (11-14-2016)
Old 11-14-2016, 08:01 AM

Thanks, I appreciate!

Old 11-14-2016, 09:13 AM
Wink

In the meantime, I also found this site: [url=http://www.navidvds.com/]

All in German language, but no problem for me. They promised a "closeout sale" for the older Jaguar navigator disc for Western Europe, updated until 2012 and with a very affordable price of 52 €, including shipping. They had such a vast choice of all kind of DVD updates and only this particular Jaguar version was on "closeout sale", apparently because the newer versions of the Jaguar navigator are based on a more recent technology, so I made the conclusion that they might be a reliable vendor.

I don't have much to lose, so I ordered one. In the end "omnes viae Romam du****", so I can't be that badly lost, no matter how well or badly the new DVD works on my XJ. It's still eight years younger than my current one.

SSE

Last edited by SebastianSE; 11-14-2016 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:20 AM
Angry

Holy ****ing Moses, I can't believe this! This site automatically modifies (censors) a genuine Latin language word of a very famous saying, because the last four letters apparently have a double meaning in English language!

I'm disappointed. This is one of the things that make me lose my faith in the future of Western democracies.

Last edited by SebastianSE; 11-14-2016 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:08 PM
Default A scam?

The site I just mentioned (above) looked good. But after I had a moment to stand still and think about it, why on earth don't they provide an https-connection to their site? Apart from that, it all looks amateurial, when you start looking at it.

Unless somebody proves the contrary, I'll consider this site as a scam.

Old 11-14-2016, 02:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 342 Likes on 260 Posts

Sebastian,
Go to this link: Mise à jour GPS sur XF - Page : 2 - XF - Jaguar - FORUM Marques
There are guys who have found a way.
They would communicate by PM only because these copies may not be legal.

The following users liked this post:
SebastianSE (11-14-2016)