XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Updated nav map DVD sources?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 08:33 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Page
My NAV won't let me input a destination, I have the 2011-2012 disc from the ioffer guy. Anyone ever have this problem? Did work fine and loaded ok.
The copy I received seems to work fine. It accepts a destination entry. However, the seller is still selling 2011-2012 as the latest version. 2012-2013 is the latest and is available from Navteq. You should contact the seller, TM, and see what he can do for you. If he is unwilling to help you or refund your money I would tell him you will post a thread about the fraud and buyer be where on the forum.

If you can find a west coast member willing to share the $200 update fee for the newest update from Navteq it will cut the cost in half. You being on the extreme east coast, New Jersey, and the west coast member being on the extreme west coast, say LA, you will need only the 1 disc each. Navteq supplies both east/west coast discs together. I've tried this with another member on the west coast, I actually met while in LA, but he has not replied to my suggestion. This may be a good way for members to update their systems. $200 is too much for an update. I own 4 vehicles and $1000/year for nav disc updates is just too much.

Last edited by DGL; 05-08-2013 at 06:42 AM.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Received 125 Likes on 65 Posts

Remember, this is not some alternate version of the Jaguar Denso software, it's a copy. Your problem would be similar to burning a copy of Microsoft Word and then saying, "Hey, it won't let me print." The problem is not going to be with the disc. Remember you have to be stopped to input a destination. What happens when you try?

Old 04-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Destination button lights with its red ring but the screen does not change, yep not moving, in park, in neutral, tried all ways everything else seems to work fine as in set up and such but just can't get past the destination entry!

Old 04-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Denso disc vs. Alpine disc?

I have the Alpine Nav unit in my 2005 XK8. I get the impression that while Alpine Discs are no longer available, Denso has updated discs for their Jag.
labeled unit. I note that while many of you have used the Denso disc from ioffer, are you using that disc in the older Alpine Nav system which has now been dsicontinued?

Will the 2011-2012 or later Denso disc boot up and function in my 2005 Alpine unit?

If so, how satisfied are you owners who also have the Alpine unit using the Denso disc?

Finally, is the name of the iOffer vendor xmrsportsmanx as listed today on their website, or should I stick with the OEM from the Jag dealer at $200?

Old 04-25-2013, 08:16 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by Baadcat
I have the Alpine Nav unit in my 2005 XK8. I get the impression that while Alpine Discs are no longer available, Denso has updated discs for their Jag.
labeled unit. I note that while many of you have used the Denso disc from ioffer, are you using that disc in the older Alpine Nav system which has now been dsicontinued?

Will the 2011-2012 or later Denso disc boot up and function in my 2005 Alpine unit?

If so, how satisfied are you owners who also have the Alpine unit using the Denso disc?

Finally, is the name of the iOffer vendor xmrsportsmanx as listed today on their website, or should I stick with the OEM from the Jag dealer at $200?
The guy at ioffer, TM, is offering the 2011-12 update disc for either east or west for about $60 (1 disc). I think he is also xmrsportmanx. I think you're better off getting the complete 2012-13, east and west discs from Navteq for $200 (2 discs) and sharing the cost with an east coast or west coast member. If your on the west coast all you need is the western disc and the eastern disc can be used by a member on the east coast. I purchased my so called latest update from ioffer to only after buying it find out it is not the latest. If I were to update again I would like to share the $200 cost with a west coast member and get the original latest available update, 2012-13 disc.

Last edited by DGL; 04-26-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:33 AM
Default I'm very confused at this point

As I said, I have the Alpine GPS or Nav unit in my 2005 XK8. Starting in 2007 or 2008, Jag went to a unit made by Denso. I was told that the Jaguar OEM disc for 2011-2012 is by Denso and will not work in the Alpine unit.
I also get the impression from you who dealt with iOffer, that their bootleg disc works well, and those comments have come from forum members who have 2004 to 2006 XK8's. I got a response from iOffer by e-mail that says:
" We sell another Jag disc for the same price which will work in your system. Unfortunately Ioffer removes standard formatted email addresses. Just type it again and spell it without symbols (use words) or put spaces between all the letters. thx!.."

So, before I spend $56 on the iOffer disc, will it work in my 2005 Alpine unit or not? Also, he mentioned 'standard formatted e-mail addresses'. Just what is he talking about?

As you can see, I am rather confused at this point and generally I don't confuse easily. Can someone answer my question; preferably someone who has a pre-2007 XK8 with the Alpine unit?

Old 04-27-2013, 09:27 AM

There are several companies involved in these systems. Jaguar builds the head units and electronics for the cars and supplies the firmware for the integration. Denso and Alpine build DVD nav players that have to integrate with the Jaguar system. Navtech supplies the road data for the discs. Identical Denso or Alpine units can be in different cars, such as Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, etc, and the road data is the same. The difference is the firmware to integrate that hardware with the car, and that comes from Jaguar. If Jag decides not to issue a new release for certain models there is nothing we can do unless someone hacks the system and codes their own disc. I used to look online every couple of years and I'd find an iso of the latest disc for my 98 BMW, but I haven't seen one lately.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:01 AM

gmcgann,
So what do you do for your 2004 XJR?

Old 05-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Nav

I would like to update my system too. Does anyone have a new East Coast disk to sell? My current version is 2003.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Can the nav discs be copied?? If so can I get a copy lol??

Old 05-10-2013, 10:06 AM
Received 266 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by x350er
Hi , i can provide same discs at 40$ shipped anywhere in North America . Payment via paypal. Direct message with any questions/concerns thanks!
Did anyone try to make contact with this guy?I sent an email but have not received a response yet.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Baadcat
gmcgann,
So what do you do for your 2004 XJR?
I have the latest disc (2011-2012) that I could find. It works in most circumstances and when it doesn't have the address I fall back on my phone with Google Nav.

Last edited by gmcgann; 05-10-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:26 PM

Six Rotors,

Please let me know what you find out.

Last edited by XJRTrooper; 05-10-2013 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Repost
Old 05-10-2013, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Six Rotors
Did anyone try to make contact with this guy?I sent an email but have not received a response yet.

Please let me know what you find out.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:13 PM

I bought the Ioffer.com DVD for $56.00. I received it today. It appears to be OEM. I won't be able to install it for 2 weeks. I'll let you know how it works.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:35 AM

It's a copy of an OEM disc.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:18 AM

I have a 2005 XK8. You guys have XJ's. I don't know whether the units in the XJ's are the same as the XK8's. So I really need to know id your iOffer discs that seem to work in your XJ's are really compatible with the Nav system that is installed in the XK8's. I know that it seems like a stupid question, but we are dealing with Jaguar and they have many parts that could be common to several models that really are not. So, will the iOffer disc work in my 2005 XK8?

Old 05-26-2013, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine GPS updated disc

I have a 2001 XKR with an Alpine GPS. I have the original GPS disc and would like to update as current as possible. The Jag dealer wants to update the whole system, basically because the don't have an update for the Alpine GPS system. I tried contacting Alpine and am referred to a tech site that does not respond. Does anyone have any information that can help or at least point me in the right direction to update. I'd even consider replacing the whole system if that is waht it takes.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by gmcgann
It's a copy of an OEM disc.
I said, "it appears to be". I didn't say it was.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by MEPacenza
I have a 2001 XKR with an Alpine GPS. I have the original GPS disc and would like to update as current as possible. The Jag dealer wants to update the whole system, basically because the don't have an update for the Alpine GPS system. I tried contacting Alpine and am referred to a tech site that does not respond. Does anyone have any information that can help or at least point me in the right direction to update. I'd even consider replacing the whole system if that is waht it takes.
I have a 2005 XK8 and asked the same question, essentially, several weeks ago. There is no update disc available through Alpine. My dealer said that it could get an update disc for about $600-$700. But according to Navtec, their update disc supplier, there is no such disc. There was a Garmin black box that Jagwrangler wrote about that uses the existing screen in the Jag which operates with a remote. But Garmin discontinued it, Ebay sold the last one. I have concluded that since I don't use the GPS that much, I'll leave it alone.

I'll probably buy a Garmin 7" 2797LMT GPS or equivalent and mounting bracket and slap it on the dash or console if I need some exotic new destination that is not on the original Alpine unit. The entire outfit will run me about $300 and will have superior technology, Bluetooth for my phone, speech recognition and lifetime updates.

You can always do what I am going to do on my XK8.

Quick Reply: Updated nav map DVD sources?