XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Visiting a drag strip in an XJR...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by BRUTAL
yes Patrick that would work, but if youre cutting off the silencer flat but not even with the tube.Leave a boss there. Why not plastic weld a new piece in there flat and mount the nozzle there? Also the units I did used the factory washer bottle and mounted and screened inlet into it to the pump. Then you dont have to worry about additional bottle and you have a washer level sensor to tell you when youre low
I think I am going to use the provided reservoir as I find that I use my windshield washers a lot. I'm not sure I quite understand your first sentence...could you please clarify? I think I will leave in the silencers for now and see what happens a little later on. I will look into plastic welding the injection nozzle into the air tube.

The meth kit arrives today but I will not have time to install it until the weekend after next. I have also ordered a new OEM air tract just in case I mess up/I blow up the car and have to take it in for service.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Received 2,191 Likes on 1,357 Posts

See the flat on the end of the silencer? I would cut off the silencer, then cut anothe couple inches off the move that end cap in close to the air tube itself and plastic weld the silencer back to together with the tube. Then drill and mount the nozzle into the flat on the end of the "shortened" silencer. The nozzle is metal so your not going to plastic weld that. But just shortening the silencer so it will give you a flat surface to mount the nozzle, and will be closer to the air flow tract through the tube...kapish?
Ive also seen people use the smaller bottle for washer fluid and its sytem, but use the much larger factory washer reservoir for meth injection. This way you have more capacity and a level sensor. Plus when the smaller aftermarket bottle runs out of washer fluid, youll know, itll quit squirting about as usefull as the message warning you of "low outside temperature" no shyt i just got in the car from outside!!!

Old 04-14-2010, 04:11 PM

See the flat on the end of the silencer? I would cut off the silencer, then cut anothe couple inches off the move that end cap in close to the air tube itself and plastic weld the silencer back to together with the tube. Then drill and mount the nozzle into the flat on the end of the "shortened" silencer. The nozzle is metal so your not going to plastic weld that. But just shortening the silencer so it will give you a flat surface to mount the nozzle, and will be closer to the air flow tract through the tube...kapish?
Yes I completely understand now. I will definitely tinker around with that...sadly, it didn't cross my mind that the intake tract is plastic and circular. The flat mounting surface would definitely be useful!

Ive also seen people use the smaller bottle for washer fluid and its sytem, but use the much larger factory washer reservoir for meth injection. This way you have more capacity and a level sensor. Plus when the smaller aftermarket bottle runs out of washer fluid, youll know, itll quit squirting about as usefull as the message warning you of "low outside temperature" no shyt i just got in the car from outside!!!
I might just end up doing that...there is almost no room in the engine bay to mount anything though! Looks like I will have to get creative. Initially, I was going to mount everything in the spare tire area in the trunk. It is always good to get new ideas though!

Brutal, in my research, I have found that a water/methanol injection system on an untuned motor will generally cause a loss in power. As you probably know, there are very few companies who can even tune Jaguars as is, let alone create a custom map for a water/meth kit. I was planning on running this kit untuned. In your experience, do you think that I will actually lose power at the end of the day?

I understand the ECU in my XJR is one that uses a learning algorithm to adjust the air/fuel ratio according to real-time conditions. Hopefully the computer will be able to compensate for the richness that will be caused by the water/meth kit.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:14 PM
Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

I use the factory washer resevoir, the resevoir is 7 liters & has a built in low level sensor. The resevoirs they supply would be very difficult to mount & remember the pump has to be mounted by the resevoir as it is gravity fed. The last thig you want is to run the pump dry. I can feel the increase in power with my system activated, the charge temp in being lowered & the air density is increased. You will be quite please with the system. I recomend it to anyone with a supercharged car.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Going to race a 2008 corvette convertible at the track real soon.......im curious what the out come will be.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by JAXKR
I use the factory washer resevoir, the resevoir is 7 liters & has a built in low level sensor. The resevoirs they supply would be very difficult to mount & remember the pump has to be mounted by the resevoir as it is gravity fed. The last thig you want is to run the pump dry. I can feel the increase in power with my system activated, the charge temp in being lowered & the air density is increased. You will be quite please with the system. I recomend it to anyone with a supercharged car.
Is your car tuned for the methanol injection?

Originally Posted by cincinnati
Going to race a 2008 corvette convertible at the track real soon.......im curious what the out come will be.
That will definitely be an interesting race! Let us know how it goes! When will you be going to the track? My next planned date is May 1st.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:13 AM

Im going to the track saturday.....so me and the corvette guy will lock horns then.

Old 04-15-2010, 05:52 AM
Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

I have made no adjustments to the ECU after installing the water methanol system. It was originally reprogrammed by Eurotek.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by JAXKR
I have made no adjustments to the ECU after installing the water methanol system. It was originally reprogrammed by Eurotek.
Oh ok. So you did not notify them of your methanol kit when you sent in the ECU to be programmed correct?

If this is the case, then hopefully I can see a gain in power as well!

Old 04-17-2010, 08:05 PM

Im going to the track saturday.....so me and the corvette guy will lock horns then.
Well...? Let's hear how the XJR stood up against the Vette!

Old 04-17-2010, 10:45 PM

well i started calling him 2 hours before the track was suppose to open and he never answered or called me back to confirm meeting me at the track per our discussion earlier this week. I think he's dodging me for some reason (lol) dont know why hell he should have me coverd. I have been asking him to race me for a year now and its always an excuse.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im headed back to the track today to see if my revised cai helps at all.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:43 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

let us know how you do. I know mike from eurotoys and a bunch of guys from his car club are going to byron as well. I already had plans to go to GLD with some friends today for import wars, but i'm not running...too expensive there, sometime this year I'll run at byron. I want to be right were you are, 12.9 territory

Old 04-18-2010, 06:57 PM

car ran really good went 12.77 @106.99 and 12.82 @106.63 yea saw mike and all the guys from the club we all had a great time.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:44 PM

well i started calling him 2 hours before the track was suppose to open and he never answered or called me back to confirm meeting me at the track per our discussion earlier this week. I think he's dodging me for some reason (lol) dont know why hell he should have me coverd. I have been asking him to race me for a year now and its always an excuse.
Haha excuses excuses...gets annoying when you want to race somebody doesn't it? So I take it that you didn't make it to the track. Hopefully next time!

Originally Posted by budsang1
let us know how you do. I know mike from eurotoys and a bunch of guys from his car club are going to byron as well. I already had plans to go to GLD with some friends today for import wars, but i'm not running...too expensive there, sometime this year I'll run at byron. I want to be right were you are, 12.9 territory
With your upper and lower pullies plus the ported blower, I would assume that you would be running at least a 12.9! Have you had a chance to dyno your car??

Originally Posted by 1SICK*XJR
car ran really good went 12.77 @106.99 and 12.82 @106.63 yea saw mike and all the guys from the club we all had a great time.
Wow...just goes to show how much of a difference drag radials make!

Old 04-20-2010, 07:09 PM

Any opinions on adding "lucas octane booster" with fresh gas before going to the track ?

Old 04-20-2010, 08:06 PM

Any opinions on adding "lucas octane booster" with fresh gas before going to the track ?
I was going to test out an octane booster my next time out! I figured I'd put fresh gas in and the octane booster at the same time. Drive to the track on this mix to let the ECU figure things out. Hopefully it would make a difference!

Old 04-21-2010, 08:53 AM

Cool, i did a little research on octane boosters and "LUCAS" was one of top rated on the market. Im very curious the gains.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:19 AM

took my xj8 to the local strip ran a 14.9 @96. no burn out but i did power brake/torque it up at the line. manual shifted at 6000 rpm.traction control on. better then i thought it would do. its all stock and a trunk full of cooler and chairs.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:46 PM

finally got the video from the other day.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tAOJXeYq9Ks...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tAOJXeYq9Ks&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Quick Reply: Visiting a drag strip in an XJR...