XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

well great. Broke the xjr.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 09:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ur-x350-75369/

Number 2 on Cambo's list. Many others have used this method with great success. Used by Land Rover and Mercedes enthusiasts as well.

Old 04-06-2015, 10:06 PM
Received 13,425 Likes on 6,623 Posts

Originally Posted by Naso--Lituratus
Everything is back to oem ride hieght.. BUT the rear right wheel is off by about a 1/2 inch.

For future reference, I had a problem with our front right corner being low by about 1/2 inch after I used SDD to calibrate the ride height. I used Cambo's method of "lying" to SDD by telling it the measurment before adjustment was 1/2 inch lower than it actually was to make SDD overcompensate. I had to repeat the lying process a few times until the right corner was within 1 mm of the left corner.

Last edited by Don B; 04-06-2015 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:09 PM
Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts

So they would go where the flat part is on this pic

And on the underneath side on this one?

Old 04-06-2015, 11:24 PM
Received 4,466 Likes on 2,427 Posts

My understanding is that you put the washers in between the sensor bracket and the chassis. There is a ratio of how thick the washer vs. how much you lower it, not sure exactly but on Mercs people have found that a 1mm washer = 5mm lower. It's really going to be some trial and error I guess.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:45 AM
Received 342 Likes on 192 Posts

Cool, thanks for the suggestion.

All is not going easily.

Indy is on the phone with Jag tech.

Car keeps raising the front.. smh.

FINAL UPDATE:

The car did not want to be corrected, we ran the program (I was designated button pusher while the tech measured and worked the ignition half a million times) at least a dozen times.

We were met with errors the entire way, something must be wrong with my ASM.

In the end we did get it sorted out, the car finally accepted the measurements and we are back to regular ride height.

The last few times we ran the software we had Jaguar on the phone to reiterate everything we were doing. They were as perplexed as we were.

But lucky it did end up accepting the entries finally. Quite peculiar indeed.

Everything is back to oem ride hieght.. BUT the rear right wheel is off by about a 1/2 inch.

Oh freaking well. We did not want the car to jack the front axle up again so we called it a day.

All of 4 hours spent running calibrations.

200$ is what I was charged. Happy it is sorted (for the most part)
It was a corrupted VID block that caused it.
The solution is quite simple - run IDS (do not run SDD), enter a last 6 symbols of VIN. Ignition off. IDS will ask if you'd like to gather information from vehicle - answer is "NO". IDS will load "asbuilt" conditions. After that, follow a hints about an ignition. Configure ASM "As new" and calibrate a suspension.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by MoscowLeaper
The solution is quite simple - run IDS (do not run SDD), enter a last 6 symbols of VIN. Ignition off. IDS will ask if you'd like to gather information from vehicle - answer is "NO". IDS will load "asbuilt" conditions. After that, follow a hints about an ignition. Configure ASM "As new" and calibrate a suspension.

No indys near me have sdd or ids. I would of had to go to Raleigh which was like a two hour tow.

They have generic programmers like the "autologic"

That is what we used yesterday to do the calibrations anyhows.

There was no "configure asm" on the autologic, don't ask me why I couldn't tell you buddy.

Thank you for your input though friend, LOL, I would have liked to try that method before towing the car and paying the labor rates.

I will most likely go ahead and do the shim method next time I get the car to my dads shop, it'll be easier with a lift.

Thanks again guys!

Old 04-07-2015, 11:51 AM

Number 2 on Cambo's list. Many others have used this method with great success. Used by Land Rover and Mercedes enthusiasts as well.

What did you use for your shims Triger?

EDIT: Just went and looked at the car.

It was very very low, so i cranked it up, went for a quick drive to see where the height would go..

Everything is out of whack. Tape wasn't handy.

I officially feel insane.

Shim goes here?

And also here?

Originally Posted by MoscowLeaper

Edit #57... I was just reading some Jaguar manual that suggest s you are on the right track (not that I doubted you).

Spent some time on the phone with Jaguar (Cary NC) they can get me in on friday to do this^, 3 hrs/300$ no guarantees. He suggested the possibility of having to keep the car for a few days if your suggestions don't work.

They said the car could be a "write off".. OK.. What is it with these guys, same Dealer that quoted me 8,000$ to replace ALL my control arms.

I do not feel comfortable enough to run the IDS and such with my current software setup Moscow, too fearful of further destruction.

What do you guys think? Go to Jag? This sucks.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...p0v1TaCyT8vqfw

Last edited by Naso--Lituratus; 04-07-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:42 AM

I slept on it.

Leaning strongly too dipping into my twinscrew fund and popping on a set of coils from arnott, SM, or Motorcars.

I know that some of yoi guys will snear at that, but the guys who have actually done the conversion on this board seems quite happy with them (after arnott recall).

1. I have residue on 2 of my shock towers, could be future trouble.

2. I never want to deal with this **** again.

3. Jaguar wants 25% of the cost on 4 new coils, with absolutely no certainty on if it will fix it. That will also be 7hrs of my time IF they CAN knock it out in 3hrs.

4. 53000mi on front air struts, 93000 on rear.. How much longer will they last (odds are not long).

I messaged a few members with coils, but alas did not hear back.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:28 AM
Received 342 Likes on 192 Posts

Edit #57... I was just reading some Jaguar manual that suggest s you are on the right track (not that I doubted you).

Spent some time on the phone with Jaguar (Cary NC) they can get me in on friday to do this^, 3 hrs/300$ no guarantees. He suggested the possibility of having to keep the car for a few days if your suggestions don't work.

They said the car could be a "write off".. OK.. What is it with these guys, same Dealer that quoted me 8,000$ to replace ALL my control arms.

I do not feel comfortable enough to run the IDS and such with my current software setup Moscow, too fearful of further destruction.

What do you guys think? Go to Jag? This sucks.
Damn, if i could take a 100$/hr i'd be as rich as a Bill Gates, LOL
And i tooks a 30 minutes to perform that procedure. Damn, i'm jealous
Uninstall your SDD setup, get v.125 from here https://yadi.sk/d/BA_LTn28fMcD2 and install it (125_Full goes first, than 125.01-02, than 125.03, don't forget to reboot between them. SPA is not needed).
After that i can access your laptop via TeamViewer, you'll need to connect it to your car (and battery charger must be working), so we can go through these steps together.

The following 4 users liked this post by MoscowLeaper:
Don B (04-08-2015), Lady Hirsel (04-29-2015), lcmjaguar (04-08-2015), Naso--Lituratus (04-08-2015)
Old 04-08-2015, 10:11 AM

Give me a few moments please good sir.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:29 AM

I do not see any SDD or IDS under my add remove programs, nor an uninstall feature in the folders from the supplied disk.

I have to opem VMware player (the virtual machone that holds the actual sdd) to access it.

Shall I just uninstall that and manual delete the folder from program files if need be afterwards.

Sorry I am on daddy duty today and was giving the little hell raiser a bath.

Also I am using a dell Precision M4300 Windows xp (older serial equipped laptop)

Old 04-08-2015, 01:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go with the conversion. That is what I will do when compressor fails, strut/tank leaks ect. You never know when it will leave you stranded. I'll convert and cut the coils to get the drop I want. Jaguar really dropped the ball with this suspension design/equipment.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:24 PM

Well I had that download at nearly 2.5gb complete and then my wife closed own the computer while I was mowing the grass.. SMH.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:30 PM

Strutmaster is about 30 mins past my nearest Jag dealer.. Motorcars told me to stay away form arnott as they are "Cheap Chinese Material, with a bogus lifetime warranty".

lol

Edit;

Got the first version installed.

I have errands to run, install the others latter this evening. :-]

Last edited by Naso--Lituratus; 04-08-2015 at 05:50 PM.