XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

What did you do to your X350/X358 today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 02:36 AM
Received 119 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by jluvzcarz
Hibernate!! Holy cow aren't you in LA? If my Jag here in CT hears about that she's going to be very mad at me for making her work on sunny weekend days right now if the temps make into the 40's :-)

Car looks great by the way!!
😂
I’m sure I’ll still enjoy her a few times a week/month until it starts to rain around here. My daily driver affords the big cat some well used rest. Can never get over the lines and curves this car has. Looks and feels aggressive yet so refined. Cheers!

Old 01-06-2021, 06:51 AM
Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by indyx358
😂
I’m sure I’ll still enjoy her a few times a week/month until it starts to rain around here. My daily driver affords the big cat some well used rest. Can never get over the lines and curves this car has. Looks and feels aggressive yet so refined. Cheers!
Well that's good to hear, and I agree with you. My first big Jag was an '08 in silver and I am one of those who actually really likes the updated look. I really like the dark blue color of yours. Just looks regal. When I sold my '08 to buy my current '05 XJR it took me awhile to get used to the classic front end. I have come to appreciate it though for what it represents. The '08 was a higher mileage car and as such I had made it my daily driver so I got to enjoy it everyday. Now I pull the cover off the '05 on weekends and at least let her idle in the driveway. They put some nasty stuff on the roads around here during the Winter so it doesn't go out much. I have a beautiful Chrysler 300 I drive now daily but I have to admit I like driving the Jag much more. The Jag has a soul and makes me smile every time I am in it. The 300, while nice, is just a car. So Spring can't get here soon enough. Enjoy yours when you can!

Old 01-06-2021, 08:09 AM
Received 240 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Joel Brown
I wanted something different than the RR upper intake and the usual options on the market, so I fabbed up a custom 3.5” intake from the TB to the air box with a K&N filter.

I like the ingenuity here. What did you do with the breather close to the MAF sensor? And, did you have to squish the pipe above the supercharger outlet in order to fit with the hood closed? I bet this picked up a good bit of blower whine

The following users liked this post:
Panthro (01-30-2021)
Old 01-07-2021, 12:18 AM

Well that's good to hear, and I agree with you. My first big Jag was an '08 in silver and I am one of those who actually really likes the updated look. I really like the dark blue color of yours. Just looks regal. When I sold my '08 to buy my current '05 XJR it took me awhile to get used to the classic front end. I have come to appreciate it though for what it represents. The '08 was a higher mileage car and as such I had made it my daily driver so I got to enjoy it everyday. Now I pull the cover off the '05 on weekends and at least let her idle in the driveway. They put some nasty stuff on the roads around here during the Winter so it doesn't go out much. I have a beautiful Chrysler 300 I drive now daily but I have to admit I like driving the Jag much more. The Jag has a soul and makes me smile every time I am in it. The 300, while nice, is just a car. So Spring can't get here soon enough. Enjoy yours when you can!
Thank you, the Indigo Blue Metallic is just gorgeous. She gives out different shades of blue throughout the day/year. I get a lot of compliments whenever I pull up to the valet for brunch or Covid Take Out these days. Plus we have the coast which is always a pleasure to drive in. It’s a whole dog vibe when you get head nods and thumbs up by drivers in Aston Martins, Bentleys and Other fine autos.

My daily driver is a 2000 Benz E430 and that’s another pleasure in it’s own right. An older nimble V8, can’t beat it compared to other cars of similar age. Chrysler 300s are nice, I’ve never driven one but I can imagine it’s a softer American style big body ride?

Old 01-07-2021, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by indyx358
Thank you, the Indigo Blue Metallic is just gorgeous. She gives out different shades of blue throughout the day/year. I get a lot of compliments whenever I pull up to the valet for brunch or Covid Take Out these days. Plus we have the coast which is always a pleasure to drive in. It’s a whole dog vibe when you get head nods and thumbs up by drivers in Aston Martins, Bentleys and Other fine autos.

My daily driver is a 2000 Benz E430 and that’s another pleasure in it’s own right. An older nimble V8, can’t beat it compared to other cars of similar age. Chrysler 300s are nice, I’ve never driven one but I can imagine it’s a softer American style big body ride?
Yes it is nice to get a little attention and the thumbs ups that come with our willingness to keep these Jags going. While not antiques, they can be trying and fulfilling at the same time. I get stopped in conversation almost every time I take the XJR out. Mine is radiance red and it stands out in the sea of black and silver cars that seem to be out there today. I have had the good fortune to spend some time on the West Coast a number of times for work and the coastal highway is wonderful. Spent a week in San Clemente one time, while working at Camp Pendleton, and had dinner on the pier while watching the sun set almost every afternoon...wonderful.

And while this is a Jag forum, I had to chuckle about your 430. I am attaching a photo, we'll say of my old silver XJ, but look what is parked next to it! I had found this '05 430 with 50K on it and bought it on a whim last summer. The XJ was piling up the miles and starting to give me more issues than I wanted to repair. I was going to make the 430 my daily. It was absolutely immaculate and as you say a fantastic car to drive. I found my current low mileage '05 XJR a short time later and mama thought I was starting to lose my mind. Unfortunately the 430 got sold with the XJ to keep the peace but I wish I could have kept it. It was a fun car to drive and I didn't get to enjoy it for very long. Selling mine pressed the 300 into daily service so the XJR can live the good life. So I am not feeling too sorry for you having to choose either your 430 or your XJ :-). You don't have to feel sorry for me either. Enjoy!!

Last edited by jluvzcarz; 01-07-2021 at 06:58 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by jluvzcarz:
indyx358 (01-08-2021), Panthro (01-30-2021)
Old 01-08-2021, 01:37 AM

Yes it is nice to get a little attention and the thumbs ups that come with our willingness to keep these Jags going. While not antiques, they can be trying and fulfilling at the same time. I get stopped in conversation almost every time I take the XJR out. Mine is radiance red and it stands out in the sea of black and silver cars that seem to be out there today. I have had the good fortune to spend some time on the West Coast a number of times for work and the coastal highway is wonderful. Spent a week in San Clemente one time, while working at Camp Pendleton, and had dinner on the pier while watching the sun set almost every afternoon...wonderful.

And while this is a Jag forum, I had to chuckle about your 430. I am attaching a photo, we'll say of my old silver XJ, but look what is parked next to it! I had found this '05 430 with 50K on it and bought it on a whim last summer. The XJ was piling up the miles and starting to give me more issues than I wanted to repair. I was going to make the 430 my daily. It was absolutely immaculate and as you say a fantastic car to drive. I found my current low mileage '05 XJR a short time later and mama thought I was starting to lose my mind. Unfortunately the 430 got sold with the XJ to keep the peace but I wish I could have kept it. It was a fun car to drive and I didn't get to enjoy it for very long. Selling mine pressed the 300 into daily service so the XJR can live the good life. So I am not feeling too sorry for you having to choose either your 430 or your XJ :-). You don't have to feel sorry for me either. Enjoy!!

How funny! Great picture and you definitely missed out on a great daily driver in the E430. Mine has become my son’s daily until next month and then I stick her in the shop for fresh paint and some dings to be addressed. At a whopping 257K miles, she still purrrrsssss like a kitten. But doesn’t growl like a Jag!! 😁

The following 3 users liked this post by indyx358:
Colm O (01-20-2021), jluvzcarz (01-08-2021), Panthro (01-30-2021)
Old 01-10-2021, 04:14 PM
Banned
Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jazzyjags
I like the ingenuity here. What did you do with the breather close to the MAF sensor? And, did you have to squish the pipe above the supercharger outlet in order to fit with the hood closed? I bet this picked up a good bit of blower whine
The breather is upgraded too.

no squishing needed. The way it’s routed clears the hood without an issue.

In dyno testing, I was only able to compare the upper tubular plenum with the oem cast piece.

I picked up 12hp and 10tq at 6100 peak rpm, and 20hp and 18tq in the mid range.

It definitely makes a lot of noise.

The following 2 users liked this post by Joel Brown:
jazzyjags (01-10-2021), Panthro (01-30-2021)
Old 01-10-2021, 06:31 PM

In dyno testing, I was only able to compare the upper tubular plenum with the oem cast piece.

Looks like you did nice work. I'm impressed with the hp gain with just that and the filter. Amazing how much freeing up the air flow can help. How is the noise a cruise speeds?

Joel Brown (01-12-2021)
Old 01-12-2021, 04:17 AM
Banned
Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like you did nice work. I'm impressed with the hp gain with just that and the filter. Amazing how much freeing up the air flow can help. How is the noise a cruise speeds?
at part throttle the supercharger is faint, as soon as you go wot it turns into a whole nother animal lol.

Old 01-14-2021, 08:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Had to get emission tested so went today before it snows more. Passed and back to the garage for the rest of the winter.

Old 01-17-2021, 05:18 PM
Received 77 Likes on 47 Posts

'04 XJR with 161,800 on the clock... Changed oil and filter, fuel filter, air filter, cabin air filter, coolant and hoses in front (couldn't find the U shaped hose at the bottom of the Aux pump to the supercharger), cleaned MAF sensor, fixed small crack in air intake tube,

some of the hoses

Last edited by joeleerj; 01-17-2021 at 05:45 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by joeleerj:
Panthro (01-30-2021), Tigre (01-18-2021)
Old 01-17-2021, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by joeleerj
'04 XJR with 161,800 on the clock... Changed oil and filter, fuel filter, air filter, cabin air filter, coolant and hoses in front (couldn't fine the U shaped hose at the bottom of the Aux pump to the supercharger), cleaned MAF sensor, fixed small crack in air intake tube,

some of the hoses
Well done! I am planning on that same job with the hoses on my '05 XJR this coming Summer. I only have 70K on mine but just from age standpoint I'm thinking about going in as far as the hose under the supercharger just as preventative maintenance. I'd be curious whether you have a parts list you'd be willing to share or did you source them one by one?

Last edited by jluvzcarz; 01-17-2021 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:25 PM

Well done! I am planning on that same job with the hoses on my '05 XJR this coming Summer. I only have 70K on mine but just from age standpoint I'm thinking about going in as far as the hose under the supercharger just as preventative maintenance. I'd be curious whether you have a parts list you'd be willing to share or did you source them one by one?
I sourced them one by one. Just go to different Jaguar dealer sites for part numbers I did the hose under the supercharger a year ago with the upgraded hose design.

jluvzcarz (01-17-2021)
Old 01-18-2021, 11:24 AM
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Can't stop driving xj8

Hi every body
my daily driver must be gettin jealous by now
Almost every morning I take the pleasure to drive the my xj8 to work . Never before did I turn of the radio to enjoy the sweet whisper of the engine

jazzyjags (01-18-2021)
Old 01-19-2021, 08:18 PM
Received 215 Likes on 149 Posts

With all that you deserve a 15 minute break.

Old 01-23-2021, 05:48 PM

Took the accelerator pedal apart, cleaned and adjusted the electrical contact points. The pedal/throttle is much more responsive now..

Petz (01-24-2021)
Old 01-24-2021, 01:00 PM
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Driver seat adjustment switches

Hi
I gave my x350 a break for two days just to test this morning if the seat adjustment would work (the previous owner said so). Strange it did , not much but yes it did .
The only one always working is the lombaire support switch.
Technical control tomorow morning
greetings

Old 01-24-2021, 02:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Replaced my power steering reservoir hose. Ordered from Rockauto at 2:45 on Friday, paid extra for fedex and it showed up today!

Also replaced the connector to the throttle body motor. I was able to release the pins in the new one and fit the originals in to it. No cutting or splicing!

Old 01-25-2021, 06:42 AM
Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts

Nice income! Should be easily felt.
How do you think is that because of materials used? Mine made of СF did not add any more sound than before.. but i have exhaust also, maybe i don't hear anything behind that)) nevertheless frequencies should be different, right?

Joel Brown (01-28-2021)
Old 01-25-2021, 01:42 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

ordered 4 new paws for my cat p zero nero all season at $61 each ..... wasn't ready for new ones yet but couldn't pass up the price

Etypephil (01-26-2021)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your X350/X358 today?