XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Wheels similar to 20“ BBS Sepang?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2023 | 06:23 PM
|
Default Wheels similar to 20“ BBS Sepang?

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum and wanted to say hello/ thank you for welcoming me! Need to confess I‘m not owning a Jaguar until now but I’m totally in love with a X350 I stumbled accross recently.

I’m going to have a look at this 2003 X350 tomorrow and first thought it comes with the Sepang wheels. But having a closer look, it has some different wheels mounted. Does anyone know them/ know if it‘s some original wheels or how they are called? I like the design quite a bit but wonder if I need some additional papers (Teilegutachten) for German TάV which proofs that they suit the X350. Would be great if anyone knows more/ can help. Thanks in advance!

20“ wheel similar to Sepang

Old 10-05-2023 | 03:56 AM
|

I just realized that the 2009 XJ Accessories Catalogue also mentions 20“ Sepang wheels „with no outer trim ring“.
Searched for it but couldn‘t find any picture. Does anyone know how the Sepang wheels look without the ring?

Old 10-05-2023 | 04:36 AM

Hi Stenz,
if possible, take the wheeel off and look for the inscriptions. You should see whether it is an original Jaguar wheel, and then the part no. should be there. If it is not an original Jaguar item, there should be a "KBA" no. with which you can research whether there is an "ABE" for the X350 or not.

Also, ask the current owner, he should have the paperwork, especially if they are not original Jaguar items.

Best regards,

Thomas

The following users liked this post:
Stenz (10-05-2023)
Old 10-05-2023 | 08:26 AM
|

Yeah, but even without checking, I could tell they can‘t be OEM wheels at all. Wheels had been in such a bad condition, had grinding marks from a very bad casting all over and had been re-painted with a brush.

And the whole car - which is advertised in good condition - was soooo faulty. Had my worst test drive ever! Even totally lost brakes in the end from leaking brake fluid in the engine compartment. Was advertised with handbrake error only but it turned out to have:
- handbrake not working
- brakes not working (break lines, rotors and pads due)
- no OEM wheels
- push rods or bearings due at least in the front
- leaking coolant
- transmission error
- A/C not working
- re-sprayed all over but starting corrosion on resprayed door/ trunk again.

At least the headliner seemed to have been renewed in the past as it just started to get loose above the sun shades and the rubber from the rear window seemed to be a newer one :-P

Old 10-05-2023 | 09:11 AM

Unfortunately, these things happen. Keep looking, there are good ones out there.

For me, the non OEM wheels for me are not a reason to walk away, but the rest would be, depending on how much they ask for the car (how much was it, out of curiosity?), but then I am able to do most of the repairs myself, fortunately.

Good luck!

Best regards,

Thomas

Old 10-05-2023 | 09:18 AM
|

Hi Thomas,

I‘m Stefan btw. ;-) Guess it’s no issue to add the advertisement here, right?

Asking price is 7999€, 242k km (although advertised with 232k) from 06/2003. It‘s a Super V8!

Last edited by Stenz; 10-05-2023 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-06-2023 | 02:12 AM

Hi Stefan,

I think that I have found the car you mention on Mobile.de, it should be the one in Valley near Munich, correct?

For a Super V8, I have also noted the following: the car has the grill of the XJR and not the original one (many owners do this, it's personal taste), it has the wrong rear lights (they should have a chrome surrounding and not black), and I personally do not like the blackened rear windows, but that again is a matter of taste.

If you want to see how a Super V8 looks like with the factory standard wheels, which were exclusive to the Super V8 and are difficult to find, here's one:

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/d...7-db1d7fc7761e

Especially if you look for a supercharged car, please be prepared to replace the so called "valley hose", which is the coolant hose that runs underneath the supercharger. It is a major job hours wise, and if there is no proof that it has already been done, I would do it for the sake of the engine's health.

I bought my Super V8 a bit more than five years ago with 175,000 km on the clock. Since then, among other things, I have replaced basically all of the suspension, the valley hose and other things. Regarding the suspension, not all parts actually needed replacing, but I do not like to do works twice. Also, as it was pre-Brexit, the parts costs were a lot lower than nowadays...

As my car also did not have the original wheels anymore, I sourced a set of "Custom" ones, so my car now looks like this:

Best regards,

Thomas