XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Windshield washer easy fix

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 11:44 AM
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Windshield washer easy fix

Hi,
Just thought I would post this for anyone having issues with their windshield washer not spraying. When I pushed the button on the stalk I could hear the motor but nothing was coming out.

After searching around, I found where the line coming from the washer fluid tank meets the branch for the windshield wipers. It is right where the cabin air filter is installed. In fact it is the thing that gets in your way when you are trying to install the cabin air filter. Look around and you'll see it, you'll see where there is connector that is easily unplugged.

Take some compressed air and blow it in the line going back towards the washer tank. You'll likely see the washer fluid bubble. Do this a good 10 times to clear out all the gunk at the bottom of the tank.

Then you can hang the little hose, still disconnected, out of the filter box go stand by the drivers door, push the button on the stalk and see if washer fluid now comes shooting out of the hose. It should be very strong if you've done it enough. If not, give it a few more shots of compressed air.

Hope this helps someone who has the same issue.

The following 5 users liked this post by Mike Hoepfinger:
Aleather (11-18-2017), aphorton (08-18-2018), Dan R (03-14-2018), Don B (02-27-2019), Samilcar (08-24-2020)