XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

X350 Air conditioning pressure sensor

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X350 Air conditioning pressure sensor

Hi All -
I have recently become a first time Jaguar owner (XJR 2004 X350) - Lovely car, and looking forward to participating on the forum.
The car I purchased is working fine, but for the Air Con - I took it to be regassed today, and the garage advised there was a fault showing "refridgerant pressure sensor B" -

"Sensor B" suggests very much that there could be a "Sensor A" but having checked as many parts diagrams as I can find, I can only find one part purporting to have a sensor - part number C2C9316

Can anyone who is informed in this area confirm how many refridgerant pressure sensors there are in the AC system on the X350? -

Annoyingly, it seems that the sensor is only sold attached to the pipe, and not just as a sensor which can be removed and refitted to the pipe - but if you know differently, please do let me know.

Many thanks
G

Old 04-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 751 Likes on 631 Posts

Looks to me that the sensor might unscrew from the pipework.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAGUAR-XJ...-/382426023685

Great information here:

https://www.obd-codes.com/p2518

Last edited by meirion1; 04-23-2018 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, you would think the sensor would just unscrew and replace... but I cannot find a part number for just the sensor without the pipe.. (I spoke to a Jaguar parts department yesterday and was referred only to the whole pipe with sensor)..
Anyone know if this sensor can be replaced without purchasing also the pipe? If so, what would be the part number?

Old 09-20-2021, 09:09 PM
Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

Hi, I recently purchased a 2004 XJ8 with a/c troubles. The car had sat for 6 months due to air suspension issues and the a/c was non-functional. I checked the system pressure and found that it was empty. I vacuumed the system and added refrigerant, but it only took about 6 oz. The compressor was not working, it seemed. My first check was to read the voltage on pressure transducer. I read 5.000 volts in and 1.223 volts out when the system had about 70 PSI on both the high and low pressures measured on a manifold. I removed the transducer and measured the voltage at ambient and it was 0.500 volts. What I gather is that voltage and pressure are linearly correlated, since I have 0.727 volts increase when the system is pressurized to 70 PSI. Anyway, although my transducer seemed to be operating properly I decided to swap it out with another and this is the point of my reply here. I searched the web and was completely unsuccessful at finding a new replacement. Fortunately, I found a seller on ebay that did not display a picture of the item, but it was supposed to fit my car. I received the transducer and saw that it incorrect and looked to be one for an X-type.

This is the exact same transducer that I found on my car

This is the X-type and S-type transducer
Above is like the one I recieved. Since they both appear to simply screw on to a schrader valve I decided to conduct an experiment, since it doesn't see to be possible to obtain a new transducer for the X350. I went to a auto salvage yard and looked for X-types and S-types (I also found that this same part fits a Ford Fiesta and is considerably cheaper) and found one of each. I also removed the round socket-style connector from the vehicle. I purchased all three items for just over ten dollars. Fortunately the wiring colors are identical, so no need to do any electrical testing. I temporarily wired the new harness into the system and installed the transducer from the X-type and measured the output voltage. It was 1.227 volts, very close to the factory device. So long story long, my transducer was fine and you can very cheaply replace the factory unit with one from a Ford Fiesta or a Jaguar X-type or S-type. Interestingly, both of the units I removed from the Jaguars say Ford on them.

Screenshot of a search for a Ford Fiesta pressure switch

Anyway, I just wanted to put this out there so you owners have another resource for a part that seemed unobtainable.

The following users liked this post:
JaguarMan62 (02-08-2024)