XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

X350 air intake tube fitment

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 09:21 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default X350 air intake tube fitment

My 2004 VDP had a broken left motor mount, and under hard acceleration the torque would pull the intake tube off the throttle body. It did this a few times before I could repair it. I replaced the left mount, and ordered a new factory intake tube, #C2C5837. Problem is that it fits VERY loosely on the throttle body (1/8" play). Does anyone know if there is a sleeve that fits over the throttle body? I imagine it would be like a stiff rubber band, about 3/4" wide, diameter of the TB. I have seen that on some Japanese cars, and my XK8, but can't find it in the X350 parts catalog. Thanks in advance for any info.

Old 10-29-2016, 07:28 PM
Received 12,952 Likes on 6,470 Posts

Hi Jaguar Jones,

The parts diagram shows a hose clamp that secures the air hose to the throttle body, Part 7 in the diagram below. It's the same part number as the clamp that secures the air hose to the air filter housing. This diagram is from the Jaguar Electronic Parts Catalog, and jaguarmerriamparts.com shows the current part number as C2N2334:

According to jaguarmerriamparts.com, the air hose, Part 2 in the diagram, is part number C2C25837. I assume you just omitted the second 2 in the part number?

BTW, parts 3, 4, 8 & 9 are for the supercharged engines.

Cheers,

Don

Old 10-30-2016, 11:51 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Don- Thanks for your reply.
I could not believe that the clamp that came with the air tube would compress the tube sufficiently to seal, as susceptible to vacuum leaks as these cars seem to be. Nevertheless, I fitted it and to my surprise the tube sealed without an inordinate amount of tightening of the clamp. The tube feels like it is made of a flexible plastic, with a rubberized coating on the inside. Live and learn, lol.

The following users liked this post:
Don B (10-30-2016)