XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

X350 Left side Turn Signal light and parking light not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 07:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default X350 Left side Turn Signal light and parking light not working

I have just replaced LAD5G ballast, checked headlights and put bumper and grille back on and the darn left turn signal and parking light are not working. Getting the fast click on turn signal. So I figure maybe just coincidence bulbs went out, but I've replaced / switched left to right and right to left to verify bulbs are good. Checked passenger cabin fuse #9...good. Was hoping to not have to dissassemble the bumper and light assemblies again. Is the new ballast involved in the turn signal circuit? All other turn signal related lamps are working. Any thing I've missed? Am I going to have to take it back apart? Thanks in advance.

Old 09-27-2020, 09:07 PM

Ok. Well I went ahead and loosened the left side of the bumper and grill enough to remove the left headlight assembly. Saw what appeared to be a loose connection and plugged the assembly back in and all the lights worked. Great! So I bolted it back in and still working. So I went ahead and put grill and bumper back on and.....not working again. At least I know it's probably not fuses. Will be taking it all apart and looking at the wires in the assembly.

Old 09-28-2020, 07:54 PM

Update: I swapped the old ballast back in and the turn and parking light now works, so returning the unit to Amazon as faulty. Waiting for a replacement.

Old 10-06-2020, 03:36 PM

I received a replacement on the aftermarket LAD5G ballast and same thing happens. What appears to happen is that even though working when put everything back together the turn signal and parking light stop working after a few minutes of the car running. I went ahead and ordered an OEM used LAD5G off eBay to rule out the aftermarket ballast and the same thing happens. So 3 ballasts and same problem. What I discovered today was If I disconnect the headlight assembly at the main connection to the assembly and plug it back in, everything works again. Does anyone have any ideas? I feel like I am talking to myself here....

Old 10-30-2020, 09:20 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Exactly the same issue here...

After installing multiple ballasts just like you did with exactly the same results as you.. I just now also got an Air Suspension Fault code on the dash.
Unfortunately it's now late and dark so all I could do is wire brush the ground behind the LH headlamp to no avail.
I'll read the codes tomorrow and post back.
Maybe unrelated, but it got cold here today and I found that my heated wheel and front seats don't work either... They did 2 weeks ago before I embarked on this stupidly long tale of replacing my drivers side HID bulb...

Speak soon no doubt..
Dan
PS. This is on my 2004 XJR

Last edited by englishdan; 10-30-2020 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Model Info
The following users liked this post:
Colm O (11-10-2020)
Old 11-02-2020, 10:49 PM
Default My lights all working now.

I feel your pain. Have you tried swapping parts left to right and right to left? I did a lot of that in order to eliminate causes. My lights just decided to start working ok when I merely unplugged the main headlight connection and plugged it back in. This had worked several times for a short time but the last time it just kept working.fine afterwards. I moved my bad headlight problems from the right side to the left by swapping ballasts at the beginning to eliminate a right side grounding issue. I did this because I also have a right passenger heated seat and adjustment issue which is still a problem. I am pretty sure it was related to water coming in from clogged front corner sunroof drain. Hope you figure it out and can post a solution. Good luck.

The following users liked this post:
Colm O (11-10-2020)
Old 11-10-2020, 06:58 AM
Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

Going through the same issue myself. Which ballast eventually worked for you ? I have just ordered a valeo off the net for 200 euro ( about 235 bucks )..... fingers crossed

Old 11-10-2020, 08:46 PM
Default which Ballast worked

The one that ended up working was a used Valeo LAD5G I got off eBay for about 68 USD. The Amazon ones are suspect.