XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

X350 Super V8 Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2022 | 02:57 AM
Default X350 swb 2003

Hi
I have a 2003 Short Wheelbase Super V8 which I purchased in 2007. Titanium with Ivory interior.

Bluetooth mobile fitted from 2008 donor. Got all modules for DAB upgrade but need to fit it all.

​​​​​Car was originally registered to Jaguar Ltd and then to a doctor in London.
I have the impression that most of them were LWB. Wonder how many SWB is still on the road?
​​​
Best regards Robert

Old 06-19-2022 | 04:47 PM

Hi Robert,
I believe that in Europe quite few of the SV8s are short wheel base, especially here in Germany or in countries like Italy, France or Spain. At least, if you look at the ads in these countries, most of the ten to twenty or so SV8s advertised on the internet are swb.

I am in a similar position to you. My SV8 is in short wheelbase form and is from September 2003, purchased in 2018. Quartz with Ivory interior and the LCD monitors in the front headrests.
First owner Jaguar Italy in Rome, then a businessman from Milan and finally for about 8 years the dealer from whom I bought it. After 15 years in Italy it now lives here in Germany, but still gets to see Italy a few times a year.

I have also retrofitted bluetooth from a later X350, and in the meantime I also have managed to source the modules for the DAB+ retrofit but still need to fit it once I have sourced the cables and a suitable antenna.

Best regards,

Thomas

Old 06-22-2022 | 10:12 PM

Major thread resurrection! But I suppose worth bumping. Not sure I have any photos handy, but it's clean and tidy in the garage. After getting it last fall and laying a few thousand 'new toy' miles onto it, this year has seen it garaged more often. I take it out a couple times a month on average.

Old 06-23-2022 | 03:20 AM

Is there much difference between the SV8 SWB and an XJR? I have a 2005 XJR.

Old 06-23-2022 | 04:14 AM

Hi klfong,

basically, you can say that the SV8 is the ultimate luxury version of the Jaguar version, only topped by the Daimler Super8.

It has the same engine as the XJR, but as standard there are the follwing differences (at least here in Germany, the might be differences in other markets):

- different wheels, the "prestige" design was exclusive to the SV8
- comfort suspension instead of sports suspension as in the XJR
- full wooden wheel, heated
- the electric side mirrors, heated, chromatic, foldable
- front parking sensors
- different grill, the XJR is the only one with the mesh grill as standard
- adaptive cruise control
- garage opener (Homelink)
- it has the so called "Super V8"" interior vs. the "sports" interior of the XJR (which as standard was with the dash, etc. in warm charcoal), comprising soft-grain leather, heated seats in the rear, wood on the roof console, 16-way
electric seats with memory
- electric sun blind for the rear window
- DVD Navigation
- premium sound system
- GSM telephone (no bluetooth before MJ 2005, if I remember correctly)

Many of these features were available as options on the XJR (and the other models), but not all, like the wooden steering wheel.
Some options of the SV8, like the electrically adjustable rear seats, were not available for the XJR.

Best regards,

Thomas

Old 06-24-2022 | 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Thomas-S.
Hi klfong,

basically, you can say that the SV8 is the ultimate luxury version of the Jaguar version, only topped by the Daimler Super8.

It has the same engine as the XJR, but as standard there are the follwing differences (at least here in Germany, the might be differences in other markets):

- front parking sensors
- it has the so called "Super V8"" interior vs. the "sports" interior of the XJR (which as standard was with the dash, etc. in warm charcoal), comprising soft-grain leather, heated seats in the rear, wood on the roof console, 16-way
- DVD Navigation
- premium sound system

Many of these features were available as options on the XJR (and the other models), but not all, like the wooden steering wheel.
Some options of the SV8, like the electrically adjustable rear seats, were not available for the XJR.

Best regards,

Thomas
Thanks for the info Thomas. I think the previous owner put in some of the options that you mentioned in my car.

The following 2 users liked this post by klfong:
2ndeagle (10-17-2022), Thomas-S. (06-24-2022)
Old 06-24-2022 | 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by klfong
Thanks for the info Thomas. I think the previous owner put in some of the options that you mentioned in my car.
Hi klfong
Your local Jaguar dealer should be able to interrogate the records for your car using the VIN number. It is called a vehicle enquiry, and will produce what is effectively the build sheet for the car. Most of the options, especially for a Super V8 can be ticked or crossed by the first purchaser.
For instance, my car, being ex-Japan, has the smokers pack, but not the garage remote buttons. It has rear entertainment, but no video screens, it has cruise control, but not adaptive. Your car will be a distillation of the original owners likes and dislikes. The build sheet is very useful for working out if anything has been changed since it was built. It also has a list of serial numbers of components like engine, gearbox etc.

Pete M

Old 07-06-2022 | 05:25 PM
Default Checking in

2006 Super V8 here

Old 07-08-2022 | 10:41 AM

More Bumps

I have a Ebony /w Charcoal 2007 Super V8

Old 07-08-2022 | 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Thomas-S.
Hi klfong,

- front parking sensors
- DVD Navigation
- premium sound system

Best regards,

Thomas
Ha) I have exactly the model and spec list you wrote. In adition to your list I have voice control (funny trying to ask smth in German) and TV! All the rest as you described.

Old 07-10-2022 | 05:56 AM

‘03 swb super v8 here. All options except for heated steering wheel.

Old 07-10-2022 | 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sochi2014
Ha) I have exactly the model and spec list you wrote. In adition to your list I have voice control (funny trying to ask smth in German) and TV! All the rest as you described.
Hi Sochi 2014,

you are right, in my list I forgot to mention that here in Germany the 2 zone Jaguar Voice (what you call voice control) was standard on the SV8, but not on the XJR (it was an option).
Additionally, the 4 zone Jaguar Voice and the TV option were available only for the SV8, but not for the XJR.
My car has both, as well, and it is a pity that the TV receiver is analogue and therefore does not work anymore...

By the way, the information about the differences between the models comes from German Jaguar pricelist from August 2003, so there might be differences in the newer model years. According to this list, the base price of the SV8 was 9,000.00 EUR more than the XJR.

Best regards

Old 07-10-2022 | 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by DutchSuper350
‘03 swb super v8 here. All options except for heated steering wheel.
Interesting that your car does not have the heated steering wheel, at least here in Germany and in Italy (my car originally ran in Italy) it was standard for the SV8.

Old 07-11-2022 | 03:29 PM

Mine was originally delivered in Switzerland. Perhaps due to being an early car of october ‘03

Old 07-11-2022 | 03:58 PM

Maybe because of Switzerland or maybe because the first owner did not want the heated steering wheel, but I do not think that it is because of being an early one.
Not only is my SV8 an early one like yours, built in September '03 and registered in October '03, but the German price list from March 2003 already lists the heated wheel as standard for the SV8.
My assumption about the first owner's wish also comes from the fact that I have seen quite a few pictures of SV8 that did not even have the full wooden steering wheel, but the part wood, part leather or even the full leather version.

Old 10-12-2022 | 11:45 AM

Here's my 2005 Super V8 (vin-G45992) best car I've owned. Had to fly to Pennsylvania to buy it from its first owner then drove it back to Chicago in 2018.

Old 10-17-2022 | 05:29 AM
Default 2 Super V8’s my father has

Wanted to add the 2 super V8’s my father has. Found the first one in Novato California, October of 21’. More recently found and acquired a Red Super V8 from Apache Junction Arizona this past April of 22’. Both low mileage examples with less than 60k miles on both cars.

Recent picture of the Red Super V8. Last 6 of the Vin on this beauty is G38071

Found this car in Novato California Last 6 of Vin are G50110

Old 10-17-2022 | 10:53 AM

2006 SV8 P Black Cherry ext. / Chestnut int. 75k miles. Here.

Old 10-18-2022 | 09:42 PM

My new to me 05 Radiance Red

Gotta have a personalized tag

Old 08-28-2023 | 09:34 AM

Here's another.

09 PORTFOLIO AFTER CERAMIC WAX AND DETAILING

The following 2 users liked this post by luv2fly:
Pete M (08-28-2023), roviw (08-28-2023)