XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

X350 XJ8 '04... Bluetooth Phone info.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X350 XJ8 '04... Bluetooth Phone info.

To all,
This is my first thread so here goes.

After looking around a bit it looks like my intrest for info has been touched on a few million times, but I have yet to find someone that posted that the solutions offered were working for their specific vehicle... I have been lucky enough to have a neighbor who was upgrading to an xf and sold his very well cared for 2004 XJ8 VDP to me.... it has nav and a cd changer in the trunk.

Here is my wish list:

1) To add Bluetooth to use my iPhone. I'm interested in a way of enabling the factory phone buttons on the steering wheel and dash. (my dash does not have the numeric keypad that some of you have spoken about.) I'm assuming from reading some earlier threads that i need a Bluetooth module, an antenna and a separate mic as the headliner mic is not as clear ppl say. If someone has the part numbers that they used to enable theirs to work I would very much be interested in them. Hopefully someone did an extensive thread on this that I have not found and i could just get a link!

2) To add a reverse backup camera function to use with my oem console screen. I have not searched this forum for an answer so I will hold off on tackling one thing at a time and the phone is 1st on the list.

I've been using online vehicle forums for my Ford truck for awhile and have found them to be very helpful with most issues. I look forward to your responses and thank you guys in advance.....

I've added a few pictures. I see that my orientation skills for my iPhone are lacking!

Respectfully,
Rick

Attached Thumbnails X350 XJ8 '04... Bluetooth Phone info.-img_1706.jpg   X350 XJ8 '04... Bluetooth Phone info.-img_1708.jpg   X350 XJ8 '04... Bluetooth Phone info.-img_1709.jpg  
Old 03-02-2017, 09:21 PM

One more thing to add. I found this on ebay.

Is this the system everyone has used to get the Bluetooth function to work on their jags?

It's an ebay listing that I will add the photos below.

Attached Thumbnails X350 XJ8 '04... Bluetooth Phone info.-img_1714.png   X350 XJ8 '04... Bluetooth Phone info.-img_1715.png  
Old 03-02-2017, 11:47 PM
Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

That seems like the correct kit.

Old 03-03-2017, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by veffremov
That seems like the correct kit.
veffremov,

sounds good. does the price seem "fair"?
in other words,....if I looked harder into this project, would there be a 50% savings by buying separately? ....that's my threashhold for convenience.

respectfully,
rick

Old 03-03-2017, 06:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,756 Likes on 1,327 Posts

That does look like the correct kit however the price, compared to what I paid, is very high.

BTW the part # I used for the black module was : 7W93-10D893- AB look here http://www.usedautopartsyouneed.com/...93-ab-605.html
This module will support more than one phone.
There is another that will only support one phone.

I also installed a Voice Activation Module (VACM) part# 2R8F-114B292-AD

That worked in my 2005 XJR.

I bought all parts separately.

I used NAVtool to install a rear view camera that displays on my standard head unit.

There are probably less expensive units available to link a rear view camera to the standard head unit.

Last edited by jackra_1; 03-03-2017 at 06:10 AM.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:08 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I pieced mine together using the following with approx prices 2 months ago.

Updated BT module (black one, ebay) $175
BMW antenna (ebay) - $10
fiber optic harness (ebay) - $25
microphone - free sourced from a 2002 denali with onstar.

if you do not have the Voice module you need to either connect the correct pins on the harness with some jumpers or buy the jaguar plug in order for the microphone to work.

i added the voice module at the same time for another $225.

So even adding the voice module it was less than that listing. The downside is it might take some time to find and get the parts.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:50 AM

thanks olywrestle......just when i thought I had a handle on the $$$ of this upgrade,...you throw in another part!!!! .....seriously though, thanks for the heads up.....obviously better to know now than after the purchase.... im assuming that the voice module is when pressing the phone button on the steering wheel and saying a name in your Bluetooth paired phones phone book...and then it automatically calls that number....? did I get that right? or miss the boat completely?

Old 03-04-2017, 06:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,756 Likes on 1,327 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossignol
thanks olywrestle......just when i thought I had a handle on the $$$ of this upgrade,...you throw in another part!!!! .....seriously though, thanks for the heads up.....obviously better to know now than after the purchase.... im assuming that the voice module is when pressing the phone button on the steering wheel and saying a name in your Bluetooth paired phones phone book...and then it automatically calls that number....? did I get that right? or miss the boat completely?
You got that right.

There is a "voice training session" that you can go thru for commands where you speak the commands and the system "attunes" itself to your voice. Somewhat painstaking.