XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

X358 - Few issues, flexi pipe, rear parking sensors and park brake fault

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 09:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts
Default X358 - Few issues, flexi pipe, rear parking sensors and park brake fault

Well, looks like a few issues are creeping up outta nowhere with the Jag.

1. Rear parking sensors on the fritz ( probably a sensor or two )
2. Diesel fumes coming into cabin. ( This may be the flexi pipe issue, I've already sorted one side a little while ago, this may now be the other side )
3. Ignition barrel sticking, when turning the key to position 1 it then has to be forced to start the car.

Called in to see Dougie & Ian at Prestige Jaguar today http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...,d.ZGU&cad=rja

New premises are bigger and better, more space, 6 lifts and more personnel, very very busy.

Had a quick chat catch up with Dougie and Ian and arranged to call in first thing on Wednesday to get these issues checked out further and priced up.

I still have a month or so left on the warranty and hope that some of these issues may be covered, I guess we'll soon find out.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Veteran Member

Well, called in to Prestige Jaguar today for my checkup and find as follows...

Ignition barrel sticky - they lubricated for me, but still a little sticky so checking with warranty company and will report back.

O/S/F/ flexi pipe crack - As some of you may know I had the N/S/F repaired with a flexi pipe kit some time ago, now looks like the other side has gone too.
Again checking with the warranty company on this to see if they'll step up.

Rear parking sensor fault - They had the diagnostics on the car and found that one of the sensors is faulty, so again asking the question of the warranty company. I don't expect they'll step up on this though to be fair.

Around £786.24 all in, now just waiting for the verdict.

At the same time, I asked Dougie to do a road test with me on front braking / suspension issues.

I have a judder when braking, its not all the time and seems more pronounced when braking hard and from speed. I have replaced all the suspension bushes front & rear, had the wheels refurbed ( slightly out of round ) and recently new tyres too, still persists.

My thoughts were either bad wheel bearing, although I have no associated noise or faulty brake pads / discs.
The brake pads and discs were almost brand new when I bought the car so I almost ruled them out, but Dougie reckons they are possibly warped and the cause.

So it may be a case or replacing these too at the same time

Great service and attention from the guys at Prestige as always.

Old 12-05-2014, 09:36 AM
Veteran Member

Well the warranty company came back to Prestige, with answers I hadn't counted on.

Seemingly the 3rd party warranty won't cover the exhaust system so that rules that out.
The ignition barrel is sticky ( I mean frighteningly so, although Prestige lubricated it and it is better to be fair )
Its sticky or could fail but hasn't failed yet so no on that.

The surprise is that they'll replace the parking sensor to resolve that issue!!

To be honest I thought that would've been a definite no..lol

Going in next week or so to get that done.

Brakes - I'm not 100% convinced its warped discs, pad issues but I may get a set of Pagid fronts and replace them to see what difference if any it makes, around £150 gamble

Old 12-30-2014, 11:27 AM
Veteran Member

Well had the sensor replaced today and parking aid system all functional again.

Prestige were great, had me in and out within around 45 mins, excellent service.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:14 AM
Veteran Member

Well, the flexi pipe still hasn't been done, really needs sorted and now I have a "Park brake" amber warning light with the handbrake sign illuminated also.

There's no effect on driveability or parking issues etc, but clearly something is wrong.

Took it into Prestige Jaguar today for a quick look and they diagnosed it as C1799 Hall effect sensor failure and it needs a new EPB

see tsb link below...

http://www.jagrepair.com/images/TSB/...ng%20Brake.pdf

That's the bad news!

The good news is that my warranty is still in effect for another 2 days and the company has stumped up for the EPB + fitting etc, around £350 - £400

I'll stump up a similar amount and get the cat flexi pipe issue sorted at the same time...all good!

Old 01-30-2015, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member

Both the flexi pipe / downpipe repair and the "Parkbrake Fault" EPB replacement carried out by Prestige today.

Warranty covered the EPB and I paid for the downpipe, everything all good again thanks to Warranty wise / Autotrust and Prestige Jaguar.