XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

xj6andme

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 09:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xj6andme

Hi every body.
I put threads on last week(I think it was last week) but I cannot fined them now.
In thread I asked about xj6 n.s.r. abs sensor (would one for x-type fit my jag) I brought one with part number XR822753 for £50.00, put it on (can do it with out taking wheel of)and as soon as I went a few yards down road all lights went out except one (engine light) so I was worrying about way engine light was still on, but as I got to my street the light went out().
I have also put new break pads and discs on rear so now I am happy and car is driving good.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Received 13,425 Likes on 6,623 Posts

Hi xj6andme,

Welcome to the Jaguar Forums!

To find your previous posts, click on your own username in your post, and in the dropdown menu click "Find all posts by xj6andme." It appears your previous posts were made in the U.K. & Eire forum. This post is in the forum for the X350, which is the Jaguar factory project code for the aluminum-bodied XJ sedans/saloons manufactured from 2003 to 2009.

Which brings us to an important question: Is your Jaguar an X350:

OR, is your car an X308, the steel-bodied saloon manufactured from 1997 to 2003?

Probably the easiest detai to distinguish the models is the shape and size of the headlamps. On the X308 the inner and outer lamps are round and the same size. On the X350 they are of different shapes and sizes.

Cheers,

Don

Last edited by Don B; 08-05-2015 at 10:43 AM.
The following users liked this post:
AD2014 (08-06-2015)
Old 08-06-2015, 11:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up jag model.

Hi Don B, Thanks for your reply.
My jaguar is the 350 model,I would put pics on reply but I do not know how to do it.
Should I put pics(if I can)in my profile?
My jaguar is a 2003 with a few marks, tone chips ect, but it is great to drive although a bit thirsty, but who cares I've got my pension(a little lump sum)not enough to buy a lambo so I bought a jaguar instead.
Aim thinking of buying a xf next or a newer xj.
Thanks again xj6andme.

Old 08-06-2015, 02:58 PM
Received 13,425 Likes on 6,623 Posts

Originally Posted by xj6andme
Hi Don B, Thanks for your reply.
My jaguar is the 350 model,I would put pics on reply but I do not know how to do it.
Should I put pics(if I can)in my profile?
My jaguar is a 2003...

Hi xj6andme,

It is very helpful if you add your car's vital info to your signature line, which you can do from your Control Panel (hover your cursor over your username in the upper right corner of this page and in the dropdown menu click "User CP").

It is also helpful if you add your location, at least the Continent on which you live, so others will know if there are any market-specific details they should be aware of (right- or left-hand drive, market-specific emissions equipment, which side is Near Side in your area, etc.). Since your car is a 2003 model X350 and you use the abbreviation n.s.r., I conclude you do not live in North America, but beyond that I have no idea!

Since your check engine light illuminated but then extinguished, there is probably a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) stored in one or more of the car's electronic modules. You can read most of the generic OBDII Powertrain (P) codes with a standard scanner, but to read the Chassis (C), Body (B) or Undefined (U, mostly network-related codes) requires a system capable of reading Jaguar-proprietary codes, such as the Jaguar dealer's System Driven Diagnostics (SDD), or a high-end third party system such as AutoEnginuity with the additional Jaguar module.

Cheers,

Don

The following 2 users liked this post by Don B:
AD2014 (08-07-2015), EssOess (08-09-2015)