XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

XJ8 et al Shop manual

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 09:17 PM
DB6
ud
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default XJ8 et al Shop manual

I paid for 36 hours unlimited downloads so feel free to use it.

It has a lot of pages but good stuff.

https://storageuk14.transferbigfiles...iplRPWhA%3d%3d

Now if I can just find someone to get me the new GPS disc.....

Last edited by DB6; 03-22-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmm, I get a message that says "The maximum download limit has been reached.".

You better check the fine print since you state you paid for 'Unlimited' downloads.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:41 PM
DB6
ud
Default ahh well, some gained

Oh, Thanks Moosey

nothing like....
"oh thanks David for paying and sharing, at least some owners benefited"..

Last edited by DB6; 03-22-2011 at 11:44 PM.
The following users liked this post:
amcdonal86 (03-23-2011)
Old 03-23-2011, 05:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

Guys, I have updated FAQs at the top of the page so that you can download every content now

Old 03-23-2011, 07:32 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Question Hmmmm, Feeling a bit dense . . .

Originally Posted by cadillac
Guys, I have updated FAQs at the top of the page so that you can download every content now
I'm feeling a bit dense this morning - can't find anything relating to downloads at the top of the page. And the FAQ link in the header deals only with forum software, not the forum content . . .

Could you elaborate a bit more for us? Thanx

Old 03-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by V7Goose
I'm feeling a bit dense this morning - can't find anything relating to downloads at the top of the page. And the FAQ link in the header deals only with forum software, not the forum content . . .

Could you elaborate a bit more for us? Thanx
Surely, here is the link to the FAQ

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/j...k-links-20085/

The very 1st post ,just scroll down and see the documents , for better understanding I am also uploading a captured image for it

Attached Thumbnails XJ8 et al Shop manual-capture-jaguar-forums.jpg  
V7Goose (03-23-2011)
Old 03-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 484 Likes on 405 Posts

FYI those links in the FAQ are dead. They appear to have a superfluous tag "[URL]" on them.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:17 PM
DB6
ud

Well I have the 04-10 shop manuals in PDF form, 48 meg zipped, 52 megs raw, for all members to use and keep, actually I just burnt a CD and keep it in the glovebox, figure it will come in handy in a state of just one Jaguar dealer.
I am not sure how to post and share them here, any ideas?

Old 03-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Ahhhhhh

Originally Posted by cadillac
Surely, here is the link to the FAQ

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/j...k-links-20085/

The very 1st post ,just scroll down and see the documents , for better understanding I am also uploading a captured image for it
Thanx, that helped!

But several of the links in that post still do not work (chassis, powertrain, electrical, and body). But I was able to get all those files from this link:
Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

Old 03-24-2011, 04:58 AM
Veteran Member

I am glad it worked for you as well .For dead links we will get round of them later .For uploading stuffs we use Mediafire for larger files . I am using hotfile.com but after it reaches a certain amount of downloads they give you no slots

Hey , DB6 you can also upload it via hotfile.com then I or one of our forum team can add it to the existing FAQ

Last edited by Cadillac; 03-24-2011 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Content added
DB6 (03-24-2011)
Old 03-24-2011, 09:59 AM
Received 74 Likes on 39 Posts

THIS THREAD NEEDS TO BE DELETED.

USING ANOTHER THREAD I SAW AN OFFER FOR THE JAG MANUAL FOR XJ8's ON E-BAY. I PAID FOR THE MANUAL ,BUT WHEN I USE MY LINK, I GET THE NOTICE THAT THE MAXIMUM DOWNLOADS HAS HAPPENED. WHEN I CHECKED THE "PROPERTIES" OF THE ABOVE LINK, I FIND THAT IS GOING TO THE SAME SPOT AS MY PAID LINK.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:11 PM
DB6
ud
Default No need to shout Mike

The files for this info and many others are available for free on this forum.
If you cannot get what you paid for via ebay, contact the seller or dispute the purchase with them.
I can burn a disc and send it to you for free if you want.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by DB6
The files for this info and many others are available for free on this forum.
If you cannot get what you paid for via ebay, contact the seller or dispute the purchase with them.
I can burn a disc and send it to you for free if you want.
Can't say fairer than that, nice offer DB6.

As Caddie says we do host some of the larger files off-site.

You have all probably seen this thread, but here you go anyway.

Large files folder index

If anyone has any files that they wish to share, simply let us know and give the link, we'll take it from there.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:17 PM

I have the manual now. The point was that the link was not to a place here; it was letting people basically go into the guy's shop and take something out without paying.

I GUESS THIS SITE MAY WIND UP LIKE NAPSTER. AND THAT WOULD BE VERY SAD.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:48 PM
DB6
ud
Default yeah, shout a lil louder

I am not deaf or blind yet, and if anyone should be screaming and throwing themselves off the back door step it is me after contaminating a complete brake system by pouring a power steering stop squeak additive into the brake resevoir !

Seriously, I think your shop lifting comparison is a bit over the top.
Think of it more like a library for friends who have paid for something and have no problem sharing it with whom they choose..
But whatever you feel Mike, will you please stop with the big shout out print, that's a bit rude.
The reason for this forum is to help like enthusiasts and exchange information and be reasonable to each other, fair enough.
PS, I offered to copy and burn and mail a disc to you at my cost and you did not even say boo, ah well; good luck to you anyway.Have you met Mooseman yet?

Last edited by DB6; 03-24-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,490 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by Glendoramike
I have the manual now. The point was that the link was not to a place here; it was letting people basically go into the guy's shop and take something out without paying.
If it was a legitimate shop I would agree with you but the 'shop' has got hold of a soft copy of a manual that is copyright to Jaguar and is now profiting from it.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:17 AM

I am not objecting to people sharing stuff that they got somewhere. The problem I have is that some of us here found out about this manual that is a 52.8 MB file of thousands of pages. Gee this bad guy cut up a book and scanned those thousands of pages so sneaky little us can look upon the big secrets. We bought it not only to help ourselves, but others too. In this case the guy with the file was putting on a download site that handles 20 downloads. Buy the book and he gives you the link to the site. When people went there and took the freebee route it can dry up these hard to get pieces of info. Did some of you even know what the book covers? You can go into an auto parts store and buy books on all the popular cars. Jaguar is very limited.

I can read electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic schematics like most of you can read the morning paper. But if I can't get one because the sources are gone we all loose. You can't share what you can't get. $16 is damm cheap.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,490 Likes on 908 Posts

Gee this bad guy cut up a book and scanned those thousands of pages so sneaky little us can look upon the big secrets.

You can't share what you can't get. $16 is damm cheap.
The manual is actually taken straight from Jaguars website set up to share the information with who ever is prepared to pay for it.

TOPIx - TOPIx

The web pages have been saved in PDF format though. It takes a little while but I subscribed and did exactly the same myself last year.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,184 Likes on 1,624 Posts

There ought to be an update to the right to repair act that forces disclosure of all repair information and systems protocols to all owners. There is no real "right to repair" if the knowledge is witheld.

It might have been argued in the past that the cost was prohibitive. But, today, it can be disseminated in electronic form. If the manufacturer still squeals about the bandwidth, they can always seed a torrent. Or, quit incorporating flash videos into their sales sites.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,184 Likes on 1,624 Posts

THIS THREAD NEEDS TO BE DELETED.
USING ANOTHER THREAD I SAW AN OFFER FOR THE JAG MANUAL FOR XJ8's ON E-BAY. I PAID FOR THE MANUAL ,BUT WHEN I USE MY LINK, I GET THE NOTICE THAT THE MAXIMUM DOWNLOADS HAS HAPPENED. WHEN I CHECKED THE "PROPERTIES" OF THE ABOVE LINK, I FIND THAT IS GOING TO THE SAME SPOT AS MY PAID LINK.
Your beef is with the vendor and his selling agency, ebay.

He cheaped out with a hosting solution that is inappropriate for his "business".

There are a number of information sites that protect their content very, very well. So, it is possible. He just chose not to.

If obtaining and using copyrighted material from an unauthorised source is wrong, paying $16 to an unauthorised source doesn't make it any less wrong. In fact, it is encouraging further and greater violations because it offers a monetary incentive.

When someone encounters a copyright violation on ebay, they have a number of choices:

1. buy it anyways because free sharing is wrong, even though that was the source of the file

2. ignore it

3. report it as a copyright violation to ebay

4. report it as a copyright violation to the copyright holder

Taking choice #1 and then condemning everyone else for cutting out the vendor is somewhat umm.... conflicted.

++

Last edited by plums; 03-25-2011 at 06:18 AM.

Quick Reply: XJ8 et al Shop manual