XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

1995 Jaguar XJR Need Wiring Harness

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 12:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1995 Jaguar XJR Need Wiring Harness

Hello again I posted for the first time earlier and noticed the title may have been vague. I own a 1995 Jaguar XJR and need Wiring Harness. Can anyone help me? Please advise soonest. Thank you.

Old 02-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

You will have to get that from a boneyard. Try Jaguar Heaven.
Jaguar parts from the original Jaguar Heaven! Jaguar parts for classic to current models Best to call them for fast service.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might have one for a 1995xj6 but new check to see if it's still there. The R may be different, not sure on that.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:56 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

I actually have a XJR engine harness laying around. It is missing one of the left side relays though.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:34 PM

Hello:
knightofgold: If you could locate it and take a camera Pix of it I can run it by the mechanic to see if it would work for him.

Photoman327: It may or may not be different XJ6 versus the XJR but nothing beats a failure but a try...if you could check and let me know or I can check too...either way is fine with me...

OWRltd: I will also check the boneyards...such as you suggested

Jaguar Heaven.
Jaguar parts from the original Jaguar Heaven! Jaguar parts for classic to current models

ALLCON, I am also looking on eBay as was suggested yesterday in an earlier reply. I hunted there before posting here and was coming up empty.... I will try looking for it again... as a matter of fact right now.... Thanks ALL... Knightofgold and Photoman327 Lemme know what you come up with... Thanks for your help on this....

Old 02-14-2015, 10:39 AM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Here is a pic of the harness I have.

Closeup of the damaged ends of the harness.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:59 AM

knightofgold, This looks like what I/we may need to get to my mechanic... I need to have him view it. Unfortunately he is out with the wife. Today being Valentines Day (Happy Wife, Happy Life thing), Saturday. He will probably be out until Tuesday possibly in on Monday but not sure....with Monday being Presidents Day Holiday. As soon as I am able to contact him I will get him these MOST EXCELLENT pictures to ascertain if he can work with this Harness....even though it is a little damaged. If you have a number I can/will call you to discuss a price..or we can converse via my personal email address. Please let me know soonest which you would prefer to do. Thank you and My Best Regards, Matmd

Old 02-14-2015, 11:07 AM

Photoman327, I need to ask my Mechanic if the two models 1995 XJ6 and 1995 XJR harnesses are interchangeable. As I wrote to kingofgold Unfortunately my Mechanic is out with the wife. Today being Valentines Day (Happy Wife, Happy Life thing), Saturday. He will probably be out until Tuesday possibly in on Monday but not sure....with Monday being Presidents Day Holiday. As soon as I am able to CONTACT him I will get him to check it out and if in the interim you locate the harness and have pictures you can take and send that would also be a very big help kingofgold sent some MOST EXCELLENT pictures to ascertain if he can work with that Harness....not a problem even if your harness is a little damaged. If you have a number I can/will call you to discuss a price..or we can converse via my personal email address. I agree that the R's may be different from the 6's. Regards, Matmd....

Old 02-14-2015, 11:16 AM

OWRltd: It took me a few minutes, yesterday to get the vehicles VIN but I finally ascertained it, what with the car in the shop, and will provide to Dan of Jaguar Heaven. I will await his reply and advise upon receipt. Regards, Matmd

Old 02-15-2015, 11:22 AM

I will take a look and confirm its still in the top of the garage and let you know at least my Monday evening.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:01 PM

Photoman327: Thank you for your attention on this and I will await your findings. Thanks sooo much... matmd

Old 02-17-2015, 05:49 PM

I'm not going to be any help. Finally check this afternoon and no jaguar harness. Any had a used rack for a jaguar. Sorry

Old 02-17-2015, 09:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 675 Likes on 496 Posts

Fixing the damaged end isn't an option?

Old 02-18-2015, 12:02 PM

Hello ALCON, On Monday, Valentines Day we in MD received about 4 inches of snow which devastated this area. So, after digging out his parking lot and work areas I had to wait until this AM to get with my mechanic: I sent via email the knightofgold photos to enable him to check to see if the harness is the correct one we are discussing and if the repairs can be effected to the damaged end of the harness (if necessary).

Sooo in response,

Photoman327 You wrote:
Photoman327 I'm not going to be any help. Finally check this afternoon and no jaguar harness. Any had a used rack for a jaguar. Sorry

No Problem Photoman327 nothing beats a failure but a try...Thank you for your efforts on this...

al_roethlisberger: You wrote:
al_roethlisberger: Fixing the damaged end isn't an option?

Al: My thought exactly and so my mechanic has been apprised of the damaged end and if he assesses that this is the correct wiring harness and can use it, I am sure he will be able to make the necessary adjustments/ repairs to make the harness do what it needs to do to work.

I will keep you all apprised as I receive words on this...

Thank You all for your assistance... Hope we do well. MATMD

Old 02-21-2015, 08:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i have a few x300 wirring harness

Look in my ebay store my user name is valdezgregorio i have a few different wirring harness for 95-97 xj6 and vanden plas models

Old 02-21-2015, 11:19 AM

Hello valdezgregorio et al, I did speak with and provided the pictures to my mechanic this past week. He informed me that the 1995 XJ6 and the 1995 XJR transmission wiring harnesses are not interchangeable. Still awaiting his response via the pictures. He said he is catching up on work that was held up due to this weeks snow storm. I am hoping to visit his shop today. Will apprise ALCON again....Thx... MATMD

Old 03-01-2015, 05:11 PM
Received 13,510 Likes on 6,645 Posts

Originally Posted by valdezgregorio
Look in my ebay store my user name is valdezgregorio...

Hi valdezgregorio,

Welcome to the Jaguar Forums! We're happy to have you with us.

We're a friendly group, so please visit the New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum and post an introduction so we can give you a proper welcome and learn something about you and your parts business.

Also, it's a good idea to double check your spelling before you press Submit, since misspelled words may prevent members from finding your posts when they search for specific terms and topics.

Cheers,

Don

Old 04-13-2015, 09:47 AM

Hello All, Regarding the above post. [1995 Jaguar XJR Need Wiring Harness] The two culprit harnesses were to the 4L80E transmission. The inner harness needed was the JLM11339 and the outer (connecting harness). I am still not sure of the part number and it is not marked on the receipt in front of me. I did text as well as called and asked for it from supplier and no response yet. BLUF: Problem Solved albeit a month late. Just wanted to say THANKS ALL (OWRltd, Photoman327, knightofgold, al_roethlisberger, valdezgregorio ) FOR YOUR HELP... Now I have another couple of issues which I will post separately.. Both the Horn and the Windshield Washer Fluid Pump not working.