XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

97 xj6 no pulse to injectors

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 09:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default dealer was no help

Originally Posted by audionut
also i dont know the previous owners name or address. hoping dealet can help I'm sure they must know something. thinking a box of joe and some doughnuts might jog the service managers memory.and im thinking countyjag might be right about these cars as its built like a tank, its so solid it makes my volvo 850 seem like a tin can. riminds me of my old Mercedes 300d
so i called the dealer and a woman aswered the phone and said she was the service manager. i pretty much knew right there that i wasn't going to get any info on car. all she did was punch in the last 6 of vin and said she did not see anything and couldn't support a 1997 car on there system or some crap. she wouldn't even ask a couple of mechanics if they knew anything ,no money in that i guess . anyway back to troublshooting . I'll check ecu pins next for corrosion and maybe that sensor below the shifter . does anyone know if there is a way to check an ecu for proper function?

Old 08-09-2016, 06:34 AM
Default dealer no help.

hi , i called dealer and the manager ( a women) said she had no history of the car in system and also claimed that she had no way to support a 1997 car in system . i figured she wast gonna help me from the start. anyway back to troubleshooting. I'll check the ecu next for corrosion and maybe see about having it checked for proper function.thanks again for sticking with me on this issue everyone. Brian

Old 09-11-2016, 03:07 PM
Default ecu rusty

Originally Posted by audionut
hi , i called dealer and the manager ( a women) said she had no history of the car in system and also claimed that she had no way to support a 1997 car in system . i figured she wast gonna help me from the start. anyway back to troubleshooting. I'll check the ecu next for corrosion and maybe see about having it checked for proper function.thanks again for sticking with me on this issue everyone. Brian
i finally got some time to look at ecu and though outside of box is rusty the inside boards look pretty clean. but water looks like may have gotten in. i cleaned the terminals with deoxit. so im waitingfor the battery to charge up so i can try it .if it doesn't work I'll probably take the ecu

out to have it tested. if anyone knows a good place to send it please let me know thanks. Brian

Old 09-11-2016, 11:01 PM
Received 13,006 Likes on 6,497 Posts

Hi audionut,

You're making progress!

Water on and in the engine control module is a well-known problem on Jags, and yours has obviously seen a lot of water over some period of time.

Hopefully someone will be able to recommend a shop that can service your unit, but worse case they can usually be purchased on eBay for not too much money, though you may need a dealer to do some reprogramming (e.g. 02 sensor reorientation).

Cheers,

Don

Old 09-15-2016, 03:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 521 Likes on 371 Posts

Audionut,
Although it might not seem like it, this might be a positive development. Your ecu should not be as rusty as that, and it is almost certainly goosed as a result. As Don says, the can be acquired on eBay, but could have put previous repairers off.
Keep the faith, it will run, and it will be worth the effort.

Old 09-22-2016, 05:07 PM
Default ecu questions

Originally Posted by countyjag
Audionut,
Although it might not seem like it, this might be a positive development. Your ecu should not be as rusty as that, and it is almost certainly goosed as a result. As Don says, the can be acquired on eBay, but could have put previous repairers off.
Keep the faith, it will run, and it will be worth the effort.
o.k. so i guy says he had an ecu that will work although his part number is a little different than mine, says he talked to his buddies at motor cars in ct. and they said it would work. my number is Lna1410vd/102 his says it was reworked to Lna 1410aj does anybody know if this sounds logical? and if i would have to divorce old ecu and marry new ecu to car in order for it to communicate to car?and if so how ? thanks for any help