and he says that you cannot resoder the circuit board like you can
on the X308's. He also says that in all his years of repairing
X300's he has never encountered a problem with the abs. I have seen
many people post that there light comes on, and they send the
circuit board out for repair. He also told me that the anti-lock
is "Really" only for the snow climate, being that I live in South
Florida I dont need to fix the issue is what he said. Does anyone
agree with him? I hate the light, but if I dont have to really fix
it, I can just pull the bulb from the speedometer. Thank you.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

I also had the same issue, however i never got it scanned, funds are too low. So i pulled out my speedo, took the bulb out and changed the illumination bulbs for the speedometer to leds while i was at it. Now no more light, and still great brakes. However in response to your other comment, anti-lock brakes are not just for snowy weather. Antilock brakes are there to prevent your brakes from locking up in the event of an accident or rapid hard braking. In the past, when you slammed on your brakes they could lock up causing you to go into an uncontrollable skid. Anti lock brakes work with a pump that forces fluid into the calipers forcing them to open in the event that they lock. This is why it is also important that your wheel sensors are functioning because thats how your cars computer knows if a brake has locked up. Is it absolutely necessary to get this fixed in the short term? No, but in the long term i would look to fix it. When i get more funds i will definitely be fixing mine!

Old 03-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Received 973 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by daboss085
hello, I have had a constant ABS light on my 96 x300 for a few
weeks now. I scanned the code and it read a C1095. I spoke to a
local Jag Mechanic that has been repairing jags for over 20 years
and he says that you cannot resoder the circuit board like you can
on the X308's. He also says that in all his years of repairing
X300's he has never encountered a problem with the abs. I have seen
many people post that there light comes on, and they send the
circuit board out for repair. He also told me that the anti-lock
is "Really" only for the snow climate, being that I live in South
Florida I dont need to fix the issue is what he said. Does anyone
agree with him? I hate the light, but if I dont have to really fix
it, I can just pull the bulb from the speedometer. Thank you.
No, he's not right; and I wouldn't have him working on my car with that level of knowledge.

If that ABS light is on, you have NO ABS brake function, it is inhibited.

Yes, you can repair that circuit board, though it is a little more involved than the later cars. I made something up on that sometime back and I thought it was on here somewhere, but I can't find it.

Here's a link for download.
https://www.myotherdrive.com/dyn/fil...ABS+Repair.pdf

Good luck!

The following users liked this post:
RJ237 (11-10-2012)
Old 03-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks xjrguy, I am not that good at removing the modules and fixing them, so I would like to send it out for repair, you know or anyone know of a place I can send the unit out to?

Old 03-21-2012, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by daboss085
thanks xjrguy, I am not that good at removing the modules and fixing them, so I would like to send it out for repair, you know or anyone know of a place I can send the unit out to?
These are two of the repair facilities we had used before I took it on myself.

BBA reman. ABS, ecu's, throttle bodies, air mass meters, and catalytic converters
ModuleMaster

Good luck!

Old 03-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i was on the modulemaster site and only see jags 1997 and newer. I dont see the module abs for my 96 xj6... know anything?

Old 03-21-2012, 09:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,642 Likes on 1,068 Posts

Call or email them. Their site used to say only 96-97 clock modules. Having a '95 and believing the clock modules were identical, I called them up to ask why they couldn't have-a-go at a 95? and the nice lady assured me they did them, but there was a typo on the website. Just call and ask. Tell them to see XRRGuy's post and/or Bob's that I linked for you in your other ABS Thread if they are trepidatious..they can do it.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My light comes on and off. Haven't had it checked as it just started to happen. I'll have to wait 'til it comes back on and I can get it coded.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Received 8,134 Likes on 4,908 Posts

The fault is logged in the module whether the light is on or not. If the light was on it is still in the module as a fault.

bob gauff

Old 11-10-2012, 06:58 PM

Hey guys. Well here I am again. You have saved my butt several times so maybe you can again. I was driving about 45 MPH and heard a very loud thump from the right front. Then the ABS Light came on. I stopped and checked to see if a tire had separated but tires were ok. Car drives and stops ok no problems. So what do yall think?

Old 11-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

hi motorcarman,if i send my 95 and 96 xj6 abs module's out for repair and the light stays on,should i take them to the dealer...steve.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,897 Likes on 7,163 Posts

Originally Posted by 69duke
Hey guys. Well here I am again. You have saved my butt several times so maybe you can again. I was driving about 45 MPH and heard a very loud thump from the right front. Then the ABS Light came on. I stopped and checked to see if a tire had separated but tires were ok. Car drives and stops ok no problems. So what do yall think?

I wonder if you hit something on the road? Couldn't hurt to remove the wheel(s) and look for damage to the wheel sensor wiring.

Costs nothing to have a look.

Cheers
DD

69duke (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 06:06 AM

Thanks for the response Doug I did just that. I pulled both wheels and didnt see anything that looked like I ran over anything but that could have been the case. It was dark so its possible. The Anti Brake light went off by itself. The only thing I could see was a frayed wire going to the brake on the left side. The wheel bearings were a little loose but probably been that way for awhile. I repaired the wire and will wait and see. I didnt know that light was like a Check Engine Light for other cars. I ran the OBD II and came up with a misfire cylinder two so I got that to work on.
Thanks again
Duke

Old 11-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

Duke, you won't get an ODB code from the ABS system, it uses 'C' codes.
Almost certainly you hit something as Doug said and it damaged the ABS cable - maybe producing a momentary short enough to trigger the ABS warning..
I believe they're cheap + easy to replace.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:01 PM
doc
Received 202 Likes on 169 Posts

Module master are great sent mine from Australia they fixed it on my 95 XJR am now having problems with the traction control light coming on if I go over 220 k,s per hour
will check to see if they repair them would rather not have traction control anyway but hate the light coming on
I think the traction control control's the cruise control as well that I really want to keep LOL

Old 11-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by doc
Module master are great sent mine from Australia they fixed it on my 95 XJR am now having problems with the traction control light coming on if I go over 220 k,s per hour
will check to see if they repair them would rather not have traction control anyway but hate the light coming on

I must be the only person who likes having traction control ! :-)

I think the traction control control's the cruise control as well

I don't think so....but if there's an ABS/TC fault the cruise control might be inhibited from engaging.

Cheers
DD

xjrguy (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Doug
I must be the only person who likes having traction control ! :-)

I don't think so....but if there's an ABS/TC fault the cruise control might be inhibited from engaging.

Cheers
DD
Nope! I'm with you Doug.......Traction Control is your friend.

Traction/Cruise? Right again, Traction Control only intervenes to back off the throttle, regardless of driver input. Right side of engine compartment.

Cruise control is the vacuum servo that opens the throttle and is controlled by the valve and vacuum pump motor behind the LH headlamps.

Cheers,

Old 11-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Veteran Member

XJRguy,

IS there an electronic inhibit to prevent cruise control from operating if there's an ABS/TC fault? It seems to me that I've been unable to use my c/c if the ABS light is on....but I may be confusing this with another car.

I guess I *could* just RTFM :-)

Cheers
DD

Old 11-13-2012, 05:32 AM
Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

XJRguy,

IS there an electronic inhibit to prevent cruise control from operating if there's an ABS/TC fault? It seems to me that I've been unable to use my c/c if the ABS light is on....but I may be confusing this with another car.

Cheers
DD
My ABS/TC lights are lit, but i can still use the C.Control

Old 11-13-2012, 08:28 AM

XJRguy,

Cheers
DD

On the X300, usually not. I think the exception is if there is a REAR wheel speed sensor fault. I think its the RR sensor that is the main input for road speed. Loose it and I think the cruise fails. If the RR fails, the ABS module transmits the LR as a substitute, but I think the cruise will still be inop.

On the later V8 cars, some ABS faults will also set the CHECK ENGINE light, not so with the 6 cyl. The V8 systems will disable certain component monitors with some ABS faults. If OBDII monitors are disabled, they are obligated to turn on the Check Engine Light.

Cheers,

Quick Reply: ABS Light XJ6 1996 help