XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Central locking gone

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2022, 01:13 AM
Received 196 Likes on 108 Posts

I have attached copy of wiring diagram pertaining to 95MY which shows door barrel lock on both front doors.
Your car is 95MY and is correct, passenger door lock barrel was deleted on MY96/97.
I have also attached MY95 wiring diagram manual, you mentioned you where working off MY96 manual.
I have a comprehensive list of manuals downloaded for the X300 range, let me know if you require more.

John Herbert
(1996 XJR)

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Electrical Guide - 1995.pdf (12.03 MB, 84 views)
Old 04-21-2022, 01:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 442 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by John Herbert
I have attached copy of wiring diagram pertaining to 95MY which shows door barrel lock on both front doors.
Your car is 95MY and is correct, passenger door lock barrel was deleted on MY96/97.
I have also attached MY95 wiring diagram manual, you mentioned you where working off MY96 manual.
I have a comprehensive list of manuals downloaded for the X300 range, let me know if you require more.

John Herbert
(1996 XJR)
thanks for that.
interesting deletion of the key barrel door lock.
wonder why.

Old 04-21-2022, 11:45 PM
Received 1,069 Likes on 627 Posts

Thanks everybody, particularly Spud Matt, John Herbert and Parker.
I now have enough information to have a serious "go" at the problem.
I am originally a radio technician by trade training and still hold electrical and instrument aircraft engineers licences.
So I will be attacking the system with my trusty multi-meter very soon.
Cheers

Old 04-21-2022, 11:49 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Bill Mac
Thanks everybody, particularly Spud Matt, John Herbert and Parker.
I now have enough information to have a serious "go" at the problem.
I am originally a radio technician by trade training and still hold electrical and instrument aircraft engineers licences.
So I will be attacking the system with my trusty multi-meter very soon.
Cheers
looking forward to hearing how you go. Have always liked electronics and the thought and trouble shooting that goes with it.

Old 05-22-2022, 07:34 PM

Apologies to all who contributed to this post. It is now one month since the last contribution by Spud Maat
Rain, Rain and more bl---y rain. John Herbert would appreciate those sentiments as we live relatively close to one another.
I had 8 inches of flood water go through my aircraft hangar at Redcliffe so both aircraft had to be jacked up to have their wheels removed and wheel bearings cleaned out and re-greased.
I also got the "new" boot lid painted and mounted on the MK2 and then ran into a few other problems with it so I decided to fix them and leave the X300 for the moment.
Hopefully I will have the MK2 out of the main shed later this week and can concentrate on the X300 door locking problems.
Cheers

Old 05-23-2022, 01:57 AM
Received 196 Likes on 108 Posts

Thanks for your thoughts Bill, I managed to escape just after that first bout of rain we received.
As soon as the Cunningham Highway reopened to Warwick I headed off to Stanthorpe & am now down in Canberra, 4c in the morning but no rain.
Jag enthusiasts will be be pleased to hear I am touring with my A Van ( weight approx. 1 ton) with my 1996 XJR in charge, it’s loving it & no problems. There is no doubt to me they prefer working & clocking up some km’s every day in preference to just swanning around.
Look forward to results of your central locking problem.

John Herbert
(1996 XJR)

Old 05-23-2022, 07:01 AM
Veteran Member

Apologies to all who contributed to this post. It is now one month since the last contribution by Spud Maat
Rain, Rain and more bl---y rain. John Herbert would appreciate those sentiments as we live relatively close to one another.
I had 8 inches of flood water go through my aircraft hangar at Redcliffe so both aircraft had to be jacked up to have their wheels removed and wheel bearings cleaned out and re-greased.
I also got the "new" boot lid painted and mounted on the MK2 and then ran into a few other problems with it so I decided to fix them and leave the X300 for the moment.
Hopefully I will have the MK2 out of the main shed later this week and can concentrate on the X300 door locking problems.
Cheers
I am down here in Sydney so although we might not have got hit quite as bad as you up North we certainly had our fair share too. You had more volume but we all had relentless endless rain.
over a month went by where we all would have been unable to even consider working on our cars....
and the lawn, well don't even start me on that......

Old 07-09-2022, 03:32 AM

Finally at last the central locking is working again
After exhaustive testing and assessing of door locks and voltages at the computer I reckoned the problem had to be in the computer.
By sheer luck I found that an X300 was being wrecked, (dismantled, parted out or whatever suits you in your area) locally and I was able to secure the central locking computer for $50
I installed it in my X300 and the central locking came good.
Thanks very much to everyone who contributed to this thread. Your assistance is greatly appreciated
Cheers

The following 3 users liked this post by Bill Mac:
944play (07-09-2022), John Herbert (07-09-2022), watto700 (07-10-2022)
Old 07-07-2024, 04:55 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default ECU geting hot

Good morning Everyone
I have a Damler DD 1996 inport from Japan
The sicurity ECU No LNA2600BC/004 This unit is geting worm and wont work
The red light on the dash button is alumanated but pressing the button nuthing hapens
If you try to lock the car with the fog nothing hapens
If you try to lock the car with the Key it will lock the drivers door only
any idears Michael

Old 07-07-2024, 08:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 986 Likes on 826 Posts

Fuse may have been pulled to keep security from going off during storage

Fuse # 4 trunk

Look to see the rear window antenna type / frequency

Fob batteries can be put in backwards as well as the car battery , positive post fwd , do not overtighten the battery positive post

There is a test to see power distributed through whole car

Ask questions

With the key in run position but not started remove each of the 5 king relays mounted on each fuse box with the exception of the left engine bay fuse box ( only runs the car horn )

Relays must click in your fingers back to open ., you can rock the relay to make socket contact

You have a swapping option with the left engine bay fuse box relay

Fuse # 10 , 12 , 14 , and 16 require the king relays on each fuse box to close otherwise the other fuses are hot at all times

Security door relays and fuses are in the left and right heelboard area

See page 22 and back to 18 for relays

Water can sometimes come out of the fuel fill cap well and get on the SLCM connectors ( clogged well drain line )

Clean drain line and SLCM connectors and hard reset back to zero state but you have a precaution in non - USA models depending on if you have the original Jaguar / Alpine AJ9500A stereo head

X300 1996 LWB.pdf (jagrepair.com)

Does the driver seat and steering move on key removal , a function of security system directly involving the SLCM and pin 4 to 5 making of the ignition switch on key removal ( linier and not rotary switch that can stick ) ?

Last edited by Parker 7; 07-07-2024 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-07-2024, 11:51 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

My 1996 X300 vin778909 delivered in Australia ( rest of the world series) has decided to cease all central locking. It was working quite OK from both the remote wireless key and the driver's side door lock as well as the internal all doors locked switch. I checked the fuses and they are intact. I do have a paper printed out copy of the vehicle service manual which includes the security system.
I have also dug around in this forum for any hints and ideas. I am suspecting a faulty SLCM (security locking control module ) or the microswitch associated with the door lock.
Before wading in has anyone encountered similar problems? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated
I am working through the exact same issue on my 97 XJR (US delivered). The problem appeared to start on mine after a significant discharge of the battery (went to about 6V.

Another kind member of the forum shared all the wiring diagrams with me and I am working through that process. I suspect the SDLC is stopped communicating with the body control module but have no evidence yet. I am happy to share what I received if you want to PM me.

One thing I noticed with mine was that when I had a weaker battery, but strong enough to start the engine, the LED on the central lock light on the dashboard would not illuminate. With a battery that meets the minimum spec, which I understand to be 12.5V when at rest, the light illuminates. I don't know what the light indicates. I've scoured the owners manuals I have and there is no mention of this LED. I am curious if you are seeing the same thing.

Old 07-07-2024, 12:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 986 Likes on 826 Posts

The draining of the battery ( called parasitic drain ) can be from ignition switch not making pin 4 to 5 on key removal

This starts the SLCM on a go to sleep lock up process where the seat and steering retract position agreements ( and door locks ) say it's OK to go to sleep , the steering and seat can also mechanically not be fully reaching the position sensor agreement position ( common and a TSB )

If the SLCM does not get agreements it will not go to sleep draining the battery with a much higher awake current

To remove the seat and steering from the equation rotate the tiny switch on the steering collum's left from auto to off , this has to be done before key removal as a logic step / sequence

Last edited by Parker 7; 07-07-2024 at 06:36 PM.