XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Daimler Six (XJ6) - Window/Central Locking Control System/Wiring Harness?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Daimler Six (XJ6) - Window/Central Locking Control System/Wiring Harness?

Hello,

I have a very strange issue.

While driving around, mostly at random, at 90% of the time after D is engaged , the central locking system goes nuts.

To be more specific the doors (all of them) lock and unlock sporatically.

Simultaneously, the electric windows (and sunroof) all try to close themselves. Strangely this occurs in a clockwise motion around the cabin. I.E. driver windows, rear n/s windows, rear o/s window, passengers window.

I think it must have *something* to do with the central locking system, but after spending a good deal of time looking into this, I've found no less than 7 ECU's and wiring systems that deal *could* deal with this.

Does anybody hear have any better idea? or the number of a decent auto-excorsits.

Thanks!

Old 12-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

How long have you owned the car? I mean, is there any chance that somebody has been killed in it before, and now the ghost of that person is haunting the car, manifesting its existence by cursing all the circuits?... If so, the only person that can help you is Padre Automobillo, although nobody has seen him since the resurrection of Christine in 1983...
They try to close themselves you say... I believe that ghost is evil and it's trying to choke you to death, by cutting out any supply of fresh oxygen...

I need to cut down on Stephen King...

And now seriously, that is a one big weird thing you have going on there mate! I guess there's no other issues with central locking when car is not in the gear... How long it's been going on for? Have you tried plugging reader for any codes?

Old 12-11-2012, 05:25 AM

Hahaha, I've had similar concerns myself!

Have not tried plugging in a reader yet. Thats a very good idea. Do you know where I can get one/cable?

Thanks!

Old 12-11-2012, 05:56 AM
Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

all guys say eBay, there was few threads mentioning even a particular device, which didn't cost a fortune.
What sprang to my mind was, recently in the east of Europe the most popular type of vehicle theft performed most of the time by gypsies is by 'hacking' into your central locking system. My dad experienced that with his Grand Voyager, when he went to visit family in PL. Some gypsies parked next to my dad's car at supermarket car park and kept chatting them up 'trying to sell' some sauce pans. In the car they had little device which apparently can receive the waves and central locking code. Then they use the same device to unlock the car, steal whatever is in it, and lock it up again. Fortunately my dad avoided theft, but since then his central locking has been playing up. It looks like it locks up, but all the doors remain open... And some other problems as well... Just a thought, but always possible...

Old 12-12-2012, 07:07 AM

Thanks! I have an OBD2 reader USB cable I use for my VW, would that work? Would I need some laptop software?

Cheers,

-Peter