XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

I wish fixing my jag was a hobby and not a neccesity. Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 09:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question I wish fixing my jag was a hobby and not a neccesity. Help

Thanks a lot for the website for the electrial diagrams. I have printed them all off and they are really helping. However they are teaching me enough to be dangerous. I wish fixing my jag was just a hobby and not a necessity./

I walked out into the parking lot the other day and my drivers door was locked. Strange because I never lock it. I didn't think much of it and unlocked the car to drive away and the engine wouldn't turn over...not even a click. The lights on the dash turned on but now I have discovered the windshield wipers, puddle lights, interior lights, turn signals,headlamps, fog lamps won't work. The door locks and security system haven't worked for months.

Battery and all of the fuses are good except we found the 15A CDL deadlock fuse blowen and we replaced it. No change except the red LED light on lock button is illumiating

After looking at the diagrams they point to the body processer module, or the rotary switch. HELP.

But other than that I love your diagrams. I am hoping to get more things fixed on my car when this really is a hobby and not a necessity!

Thanks again.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:32 PM
Question I wish fixing my jag was a hobby and not a neccesity. Help

I walked out into the parking lot the other day and my drivers door was locked. Strange because I never lock it. I didn't think much of it and unlocked the car to drive away and the engine wouldn't turn over...not even a click. The lights on the dash turned on but now I have discovered the windshield wipers, puddle lights, interior lights, turn signals,headlamps, fog lamps won't work. The door locks and security system haven't worked for months.

Battery and all of the fuses are good except we found the 15A CDL deadlock fuse blowen and we replaced it. No change except the red LED light on lock button is illumiating

After looking at the electrial diagrams I got from here they point to the body processer module, or the rotary switch. HELP.

The electricial diagrams are awesome.In some weird way I like this stuff. I am hoping to get more things fixed on my car when this really is a hobby and not a necessity!

Old 08-31-2010, 10:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,916 Likes on 7,172 Posts

Zig, what kind of Jag do you have?

Cheers
DD

Old 08-31-2010, 11:31 PM
Default Jag Type - XJ6 vanden plas

I have a 1996 XJ6 Vanden Plas, 4.0 liter engine. Jade green, very pretty but I am not liking it right now. It is up on a jack, two doors, hood and boot open. Many electrial covers have been removed to troubleshoot. And my husband legs and butt are hanging out from various places. I'm trying to help in my own way!

Do you know of a troubleshoot flow chart? It would probably help along with the electrial diagram.

Thanks for your interest.

Zag

Old 08-31-2010, 11:51 PM
Default XJ6 VandenPlas 1996- won't crank

Has anyone ever seen the Body Processes Module? I have a lot of things that don't work connected to this part.

I am also looking for a troubleshooting chart. I have an electrial diagram which points to the Body Processor Module.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Zig-Zag-Jag

Old 09-01-2010, 03:21 AM
Received 10,513 Likes on 6,945 Posts

They are ALL hobbies, some more than others, but thats Jag life.

What JAg are we talking about here, not aware of any of these year models having a body processor module, but I might be wrong.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Hey zig-zag, please do not repeat post the same question all over the place. It just becomes confusing for everyone. Took me a moment or two to move and merge this lot.

OK guys, down to you, to work your miracles

Old 09-01-2010, 08:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,916 Likes on 7,172 Posts

Originally Posted by zig-zag-jag
Has anyone ever seen the Body Processes Module? I have a lot of things that don't work connected to this part.

I am also looking for a troubleshooting chart. I have an electrial diagram which points to the Body Processor Module.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Zig-Zag-Jag

The manual says the Body Processor Module is at the "Passenger's Underscuttle". Not very specific, and no illustration....but it has black and yellow connectors. Maybe this will help you find it.

This thread belongs over on the "X300" section.

Cheers
DD

Old 09-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Thanks Doug, moved over.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:05 AM

Sorry about the repeats... I was feeling a little desperate.

Thanks for your help!!!

Old 09-02-2010, 11:10 AM

Well I have the body processor on my desk as I type. I will be getting a new one once I know how to program it. I understand it is a programmable part but I can't seem to find any information on how to do it. Right now I just have a lot of wiring diagrams. Any suggestions?

Thank you so much for any help you can send my way!

Old 09-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It been my experience that the relays go bad, my recommendation, find out what relay connects to the problem you are working on and check each relay back to the fuse box.
Originally Posted by zig-zag-jag
Well I have the body processor on my desk as I type. I will be getting a new one once I know how to program it. I understand it is a programmable part but I can't seem to find any information on how to do it. Right now I just have a lot of wiring diagrams. Any suggestions?

Thank you so much for any help you can send my way!