XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Legacy (IDS) not opening

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 12:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I am Brian from South Africa with a very sick 2001 XKR

Apology for not knowing all the rules. I have a 2001 XKR with a number of issues which I cannot pin down. Simply, I do not have the tools to do it. Reading thru all the notes I could find it would appear as if IDS V118.5 and a genuine VCM would do the trick. I have taken my car to some auto shop who read my codes and based on that I fixed the dry pins on the ABS control unit x twice. First time...Incorrect part Fitted. Second time TRAC and ASC Not Availaboe errors cleared after refitting the fixed ABS Controller. I had a P1121 Acelerator Pedal Position Sensor. I bought an iCarsoft LR V2.0 Reader and cleared all codes. All good but I still have this need to be able to introduce new parts as and when required. And to be able to read the live data of DTC codes as they appear. Hence my quest.....find a Jagaur friendly system. Reaind I get back to V118.5 and VCM. Can anybody help me to find the right Versions and VCM please. I have run the Virtual Machine V130 route and the Mongoose Pro V145 (clone) version but none load the IDS. Anybody please help. As memtioned, I live in South Africa.

​​​
​​​

Old 03-13-2019, 02:08 PM
Vee
Veteran Member
Received 1,580 Likes on 1,228 Posts

Go into the General Tech Help Forum and you'll find some posts there that will educate you on what works and what doesn't.

Cloned Mongoose cables fail quickly and often.

I'm not an expert on all of the different diagnostic readers available for your car, but can confirm that there are people there that should be able to help you.