Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2022, 10:54 PM
Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Mina Gallery Air Intake

Hey fellow Jag Junkies,

Anyone try out the Mina Gallery air intake? Is it a worthy investment? 😃

Old 03-14-2022, 06:17 AM
Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

The Mina short ram air intake, along with Andys bracket were the first two things I upgraded on my 95 X300. Unfortunately, I hadn't really been driving her long enough to give an accurate documented measurement of the improvement. I've sometimes wondered if I removed either or both after using my x300 as a daily drive for eight years if I could mark a notable reduction in performance?
So without qualification and a lack of dynamo testing, I can offer that I think Andy's Bracket makes the car feel a lot more lively and the Mina intake makes her feel like she reves up a lot easier (Breaths Better), Could be wrong but I think the intake also gives the engine a slightly different note.
Are these performance improvements a placebo post me mucking around with things that didn't need mucking around with? No Idea.
I also added a stainless guard around the top of the cone filter to help direct the cooler air from underneath into the intake. This gives the set-up a nice finish, its performance enhancement is 0, to be honest. Another plus is I now use a K&N air filter that can be cleaned and re-oil to save on the cost of replacement filters.
I'm getting a little away from the question but I've found the best performance enhancement you can do is to keep your jag well serviced. Clean air filter, throttle body, MAF good plugs, etc etc.

This is the Mina intake without the K&N filter and Gaurd

Last edited by MikeyB10; 03-14-2022 at 07:32 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Ashton Dimovski (03-14-2022)
Old 03-14-2022, 08:36 AM
Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyB10
The Mina short ram air intake, along with Andys bracket were the first two things I upgraded on my 95 X300. Unfortunately, I hadn't really been driving her long enough to give an accurate documented measurement of the improvement. I've sometimes wondered if I removed either or both after using my x300 as a daily drive for eight years if I could mark a notable reduction in performance?
So without qualification and a lack of dynamo testing, I can offer that I think Andy's Bracket makes the car feel a lot more lively and the Mina intake makes her feel like she reves up a lot easier (Breaths Better), Could be wrong but I think the intake also gives the engine a slightly different note.
Are these performance improvements a placebo post me mucking around with things that didn't need mucking around with? No Idea.
I also added a stainless guard around the top of the cone filter to help direct the cooler air from underneath into the intake. This gives the set-up a nice finish, its performance enhancement is 0, to be honest. Another plus is I now use a K&N air filter that can be cleaned and re-oil to save on the cost of replacement filters.
I'm getting a little away from the question but I've found the best performance enhancement you can do is to keep your jag well serviced. Clean air filter, throttle body, MAF good plugs, etc etc.

This is the Mina intake without the K&N filter and Gaurd
I loved reading your work, good friend! You had some good ideas at work right there. Thank you for your reply.

I have a Vanden Plas, so while I’m definitely interested in getting her to run more efficiently, aka the Andy Bracket and better breathing, I’m not too concerned with outright speed. She’s pretty lively to begin with because of that inline six…but I mean that said…who doesn’t want to faster? 😜

I like the idea with the metal guard — that would help out dramatically. 😃

Old 03-14-2022, 12:53 PM
Received 198 Likes on 127 Posts

A bigger one Definitely do in combination with Andy bracket.

The following 2 users liked this post by Keesh:
Ashton Dimovski (03-24-2022), MikeyB10 (03-21-2022)