XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Shopping list - trusted and cheap UK suppliers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 12:49 PM
Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Shopping list - trusted and cheap UK suppliers?

Good day!
I've been driving my kitty on daily basis for nearly a month now, and of course I've found few issues which went by undetected while car was off the road for 9 months.
I noticed 2 things on my last MOT print out that would need some attention in near future, especially that this time of the year is near again...
It says there's slight play in both wheel hub bearings at the front and that fuel line is rusty. I have not had a chance to lift the bugger off the ground and crawl underneath to find which fuel line needs special attention, but I went to local dealer (which by the way is just round the corner from my new place) and it's pretty much at least 100 quid + VAT on top of that. Now I really don't intend to pay that much for piece of pipe, no matter how long it is!
So I wanted to ask dear UK members about their experiences with different part suppliers, who they'd recommend, that sort of a thing!
Of course that's not the end of my shopping list.
There's the clutch throwout bearing that needs replacing as well and Jaguar wants over 60 for it! Outrageous! :P
And I need new thermostat, as the heating forgot what it's there for, and I shall need the oil pressure sensor thingy as well, although dude in the spare parts department didn't know which model was correct for my engine and he wasn't able to find it with my VIN number
Anyway, any suggestions welcome!

By the way, has anyone here tried eurocarparts.com?

Old 04-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Received 61 Likes on 55 Posts

I always try JaguarClassicParts.com first, to get the part number, then British Parts, Dave Manners, SNG Barratt, Just Jags, EuroJag, eBay, XJK Ltd and sometimes even Rimmer Brothers. British Parts usually (but not always) win on price and I've no complaints with the goods so far. The coils, in particular, were marked "Made In Japan" (although they've recently gotten cheaper, and I've not had any at the lower price). I've also used Gendan for lambda sensors.

For second hand stuff, eBay or Grublogger are my first ports of call. Or Rob at the JEC, but I cleared him out of most of it!

Probably thrown a grands worth of parts at it over the last 12 months, so I have some experience

The following users liked this post:
FireCrow (04-29-2013)
Old 04-26-2013, 02:34 PM
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

I've used Eurocarparts for various cars and never had a problem.

Also look at carparts4less, part of Eurocarparts but cheaper, however they only deliver.

Berkshire jag components are also worth a call.

The following users liked this post:
FireCrow (04-29-2013)