XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Spedo quit ? ABS and TRAC Lost power?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 08:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where can I find the chart for the connectors? CC28, CC29, CC30, CC31 on the control module. I did check my battery- 12.9 volts, the alternator was rebuilt 2 years ago. and gives no symptoms of being bad. puts out 14.4 volts on high.

Old 07-03-2017, 09:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,387 Likes on 1,090 Posts

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fiqsbb...e+-+JTP508.pdf

Page 107 Figure 12.1

wire color codes page 16

You can take a snapshot of the page in PDF and copy it into a Paint or Word document , color in the wires to be able to read easier , with a flashdrive Office Max or Staples can print on larger sheets to be able to read easier .

Last edited by Lady Penelope; 07-03-2017 at 11:09 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Augeter (07-04-2017)
Old 08-05-2017, 09:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cool air bypass

Originally Posted by Augeter
Moving the center vent freed up that problem but then code 43 came up. I wonder if I loosened something that dropped down and developed code 43. Definitely will try a bid hammer.
Took off the lower drivers dash cover and found a small 20 pin black connector hanging loose. IT IS ABOUT 1" LONG (30 mm) i BELIEVE THIS PLUGS INTO THE COOL AIR BYPASS MOTOR., but I cannot SEE WHERE IT PLUGS IN AT. This is different than my 99 XJ8, I looked. It is difficult to kneel and look under the dash as I have some health issues. Just need to know where to plug it into, exact position , I can get a foto if it is necessary, Thanks in advance.

Old 08-05-2017, 09:12 PM
Veteran Member

I have the same thing on the left side as I have the dash apart . Stopped raining so I can goes out and double check .

Old 08-05-2017, 09:42 PM
Veteran Member

Yes , I have the same thing on that black connector unhooked up on the left side . As I had the instrument cluster out I thought I was at error in putting it all back together . I searched all under there a couple of weeks ago and came up with nothing . Was working on a master troubleshooting package by exercising each of the 5 valves with a 9 volt battery and you can actually hear each one with feedback readings on the commanded position . You can do this all from the 4 A / C ECU connectors without bending around under the dash . I'll do a mini package for code 45 within about an hour and the full package later for all later . Code 45 = center vent motor . This motor is on the topmost portion of the plenum on the right side and the wiring runs through connector FC6 and FC7 ( which if I remember are on the right side ) to the A/C ECU on the right . Unfinished document but for code 45 you are looking at the pink points in the drawings . The C28 connector will be the topmost one as installed on the ECU . The map is a ECU view so a connector view ( still working on it ) will be a mirror image . Socket 7 and 20 are the ones . Just put a 9 volt battery on them to run back and forth using a small paperclip as a test lead . Works on mine . Without a connector map I used Blue 2 as a reference pin . Feed back readings CC29 - 2 and CC31 - 8 . If you can run the motor to the desired position then you can electrically isolate it in that position . If you want to use this manually supplied power approach to any valve motor you can bring a spliced in length of wire pairs below the assembled glove box to be able to change with the seasons but you look to burning out the individual valve power switch inside the ECU for it may want to run or drive it constantly until it agrees with the feedback or null signal . I am going to assume the motors without seeing them myself are all the same and it is the mounting brackets that give it a different part number per location . As you think of the physics of the mater outside of electrical the inlet pipe for the evaporator inside the plenum may be on the bottom and the coil snakes its way up to the top . If it is built like the front condenser there is only one path for the fluid to pass as it only has only one coil that snakes back and forth to the end . This coil has 4 or 5 passage holes in it as I cut my damaged beyond repair condenser apart . It is not a traditional build with 2 side headers and multiple parallel flow paths . As the single coil snakes from one end to the other the available energy ( or lack of ) exchanged may be complete before it gets to the other end of the snake path . So the final external fluid flow through temperature will be different from one end to the other as the internal fluid comes closer to ambient . The upper center vent my be in this condition as the lower foot vent is not . The valve motors only open or closes the flow or air out of the plenum . The temperature range inside the locations without mixing around well may be different as it splits into up and down paths and the code 45 may be non relevant or false issue that can be ignored as long as you have the physical product air . Have you had the freon serviced to the correct level ?

Attached Thumbnails Spedo quit ? ABS and TRAC Lost power?-jaguar-climate-control-plentum-1.png   Spedo quit ? ABS and TRAC Lost power?-matrix_32f96f35c77244360159e4fb4a4c8a0cf55af10a.jpg   Spedo quit ? ABS and TRAC Lost power?-jaguar-sk5783a.png   Spedo quit ? ABS and TRAC Lost power?-jaguar-sk5932.png   Spedo quit ? ABS and TRAC Lost power?-jaguar-sk5782.png  

Last edited by Lady Penelope; 08-06-2017 at 12:11 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Augeter (08-06-2017)