XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Unhappy Other Half

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well today is a very good day.... The last failure on the fail sheet was ticked off, the last bolt on the last replacement part was tightened, and her 4 wheels were refitted and placed back on to the ground, a full brake rebuild, all front bushes and both track rod ends replaced, new exhaust, new front bumper mounts replaced as mine were both snapped, plugs oil filters all replaced along with all the welding Ive thrown £2893 pounds at her to get her roadworthy again. absolutely not worth that amount of money but what the hell, Spun her down the road for a quick warm up and feel and gotta say, what a difference, she feels as tight as a drum. im really happy with the sweat, swearing and bloodied knuckles Ive suffered over the last few weeks. made it all worthwhile this afternoon. so, Tuesday afternoon we have a meeting with the Mot man and hopefully a clean bill of health. will update as and when..

Old 10-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have an MoT.. all the hard work and money paid off yesterday when at 4pm i drove her into the Mot test centre and sat for 40 minutes watching her put through her paces.. he prodded, he poked, he twisted and he turned.. then he gave me a smile and a big thumbs up.. Ive done it she is again legal. gonna give her a cut and polish and will upload some finished pics at the weekend for those interested. cheers

Old 10-25-2012, 02:32 AM
Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

I'm glad you've got everything sorted! If you intend to keep the car, then of course it is worth every penny! Same here, I have a car which I intend to keep, unfortunately it's not my Jag though

Anyway, it looks like it should be just flying through next MOT next year then
All the best mate!

Old 10-25-2012, 03:05 AM
GGG
Received 16,861 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Shimell
We have an MoT.. all the hard work and money paid off yesterday when at 4pm i drove her into the Mot test centre and sat for 40 minutes watching her put through her paces.. he prodded, he poked, he twisted and he turned.. then he gave me a smile and a big thumbs up.. Ive done it she is again legal. gonna give her a cut and polish and will upload some finished pics at the weekend for those interested. cheers
At last - it must have seemed to you as if it was never going to end at times.

Enjoy it.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
Paul Shimell (10-25-2012)