XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

[b]ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THIS CABLE IS??[b]

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017 | 06:04 AM
|
Default [b]ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THIS CABLE IS??[b]

Spent some time fitting replacement Heater Blower, when on full blow the previous one sounded like a Jumbo Jet taking off as the fan bearings were gone.

However, getting right up under the dash caused some interesting choice of words, difficult job, and I found a cable that just dropped down when removing the offending blower.

This what was written on the cable if it helps anyone identify it?

To me it looks like some sort of radio aerial/connection, but my radio still works fine? In fact, I haven't found anything that doesn't work since I changed the blower?

Any ideas most welcome?

Old 03-08-2017 | 09:03 AM

Looks like an old "in the car" cell phone antenna connector.
Vector

The following users liked this post:
Don B (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017 | 09:06 AM

( What ^^ said ))

Looks like it might be for a cellular connection, phone amp, something of the like. Not sure if it's a factory line, or maybe something that someone had added along the lines, since I'm not familiar with the factory stuff. I would think maybe aftermarket since I thought the factory phone went from the console backwards into the trunk, but that's just a guess.

The following users liked this post:
Don B (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017 | 09:51 AM
|

You could both be right, it never crossed my mind about it being a cellular connection, but thinking about it, it seems very likely. Also, the cable does disappear through the passenger side foot-well ('A' pillar?), so it maybe does go to the back of the car!

Many thanks for your input, I think you may have nailed what it is, unless someone knows for sure?