XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

'01 xjr

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default '01 xjr

Bought my XJR about a month ago, but have been on travel since I purchased it and drove it home. I am itching to get it back so I can get to work. Have a list of things I want to do based on what I have seen/heard on here.

The list:

-Oil Change
-Drivers Door Detent
-Resecure High Rear Mount
-One new wheel (the previous owner put a hole in one, and has a winter tire on. I am buying a 4th for the missing one and will keep a winter on the one bent rim in the trunk as the spare and swap in the winter)
-Mount High Rear Mount
-Falling Roof (going to use the saggy stoppers and see if I can live with them first)
-Change Serpentine Belt and Tensioner (squeaks at startup); Going to do the SC belt at the same time.
-Secondary Tensioners (I am thinking of trying the zip ties. I think I should do the spark plugs while I was in, the supercharger oil. Is there anything else?
-Recondition drivers seat leather with mink oil and then
-Install motorlola bluetooth module for both the cellphone and playing music. I was going to look into if there are any new units that have upgraded features over the models that have the great writeups on how to install.

Maybes
-Fix bent rim (has anyone had any luck with this?
-Potentially replace slightly damaged rear bumper
-Potentially replace telescoping antenna with a short powered antenna
-Fix Steering Wheel Tilt Issue (Have to repress the up tilt to move it)
-Fix broken moonroof panels
-Change out speakers
-Upgrade Maps in Nav Unit?

A few photos of the new baby whom I miss dearly already. As I do these projects I will certainly try and get some pictorials to contribute as I go through these projects.

I grew up loving these cars and found such a deal on this one, I couldn't but help myself to not pick one up.

Attached Thumbnails '01 xjr-20130917_183020.jpg   '01 xjr-20130917_183011.jpg  
Old 10-20-2013, 08:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,623 Posts

The plugs are logical given that the only extra labour is screwing them out and back in. The SC oil can be a separate job because it has nothing in common with the tensioner job. The zip tie method is fine if you are slow and methodical.

In the meantime ...

what color is that?

and how about explaining the exhaust layout of the Mustang GT in great excruciating detail.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:21 PM
Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
Default This place...

...fixes bent wheels.

Pro Wheels.

They sell them too.

HTH.

Stewart

p.s. I like all of your other ideas.

The following users liked this post:
EastCoastYost (10-21-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 11:07 PM
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

@Plums, Why do you ask about the Mustang exhaust? Can't say that I am particularly familiar with the details, I only drove the car for about six months and it was a company car, so I didn't get real familiar because I really wanted to do sooo many things with it.

Also, if I am doing the secondaries only, can I do the water pump/thermostat then? or do I have to do more to get to them?

I will confirm the actual color code/name ( I realize I should know this by now).

@Platinum- Thank you, I may give them a try.