XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

100k kilometers Service Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017 | 06:35 PM
|
Default 100k kilometers Service Recommendation

Hi,

i just put 100k kilometers on my XJR X308, and its 2000 model, id really appreciate it if someone explains to me the service and inspection check points. I also have a problem with the stereo as it goes off whenever i hit a bump or something on the road, maybe some wite is or connector is loose, and ABS light is on, and i have a traction fail and stability control fail message on the odometer, and a yellow light, i had a high gearbox temperature message earlier but that went away and i havent had that issue for several months now, i also had a coolant leak which resulted in white smoke from the bonnet with no engine temperature rise or oil coolant mixture.

Old 10-16-2017 | 10:04 AM

As a previous lube technician at Ford. What I would recommend but this is just me I would do oil change tire rotation, spark plugs, fuel filter, power steering fluid change, most places would recommend a transmission fluid exchange but with these transmissions the fluid is expensive so I’m not sure. Also rear differential fluid change, coolant exchange, upper and lower radiator hose, thermostat, air filter, front and rear shocks/struts if equipped. Now with the coolant leak from what I’ve seen on the forms is the thermostat housing is plastic and deteriorates over time with the coolant crossover pipe that’s in front on the thermostat housing which is the same plastic. The other spot is the valley hose that is under the intake manifold. Water pump can also leak. With the other things I’m not sure.

Old 10-16-2017 | 10:13 AM

Also you’re owners manual should have the service information. In there is what jaguar recommends

Old 10-16-2017 | 10:40 AM
|

Thanks Belmon for the reply, i bought it at 74000 kms with no service history or user manual. I have changed transmission oil, engine oil & filter and front brakes so far.

Old 10-16-2017 | 11:38 AM

What I’ll do when I get him is I’ll take pictures of my Manuel’s service section and post it here.

Old 10-17-2017 | 03:43 PM

Unfortunately the books I have don’t have any service information. Maybe one of the other members knows. Or you can ask a jaguar dealer they should have that information.