XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

1999 Jaguar XJ8 ABS issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015 | 03:51 AM
|
Default 1999 Jaguar XJ8 ABS issue

I get the typical ABS light and stability/traction control warning. I have a part#LNC2210AD in the car when I bought it and says rebuilt. I sent it out to BBA and they said it was not repairable so I bought a repaired unit from them. I put the same model# unit in that I bought from BBA which was a rebuilt. The new unit shows the same faults as the other but now the odometer/speed odometer don't work and the emergency brake light stays on. I returned the unit to BBA and put my original back in. BBA said they tested returned unit and it shows good. My original unit I put back in just shows the same faults it had before of ABS light on, traction/stability fault flashing.
Why on the BBA unit sent that was a Reman from them show all those other faults regardless? If all of these faults show could the return module have been OK and something else wrong with the car causing fault codes/things not working issue?? Pump# in the car is MNC5920AC.
Jaguar dealer said part#JLM20566 is correct# for my Vin#. Also, is that the pump or module# dealer gave me? Not buying a new module from the dealer as the cost is crazy from them.
What is the correct part# to use for these modules? It seems the "LNC...." isn't always what you go by? If not very odd a part# clearly shown on the unit wouldn't be what you go by.
Car is great otherwise with 74K miles. What do you think...thank you!

Old 11-22-2015 | 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by steveyd1
I get the typical ABS light and stability/traction control warning. I have a part#LNC2210AD in the car when I bought it and says rebuilt. I sent it out to BBA and they said it was not repairable so I bought a repaired unit from them. I put the same model# unit in that I bought from BBA which was a rebuilt. The new unit shows the same faults as the other but now the odometer/speed odometer don't work and the emergency brake light stays on. I returned the unit to BBA and put my original back in. BBA said they tested returned unit and it shows good. My original unit I put back in just shows the same faults it had before of ABS light on, traction/stability fault flashing.
Why on the BBA unit sent that was a Reman from them show all those other faults regardless? If all of these faults show could the return module have been OK and something else wrong with the car causing fault codes/things not working issue?? Pump# in the car is MNC5920AC.
Jaguar dealer said part#JLM20566 is correct# for my Vin#. Also, is that the pump or module# dealer gave me? Not buying a new module from the dealer as the cost is crazy from them.
What is the correct part# to use for these modules? It seems the "LNC...." isn't always what you go by? If not very odd a part# clearly shown on the unit wouldn't be what you go by.
Car is great otherwise with 74K miles. What do you think...thank you!
Was a WDS unit used to have the car's ECM accept the BAA unit? If not, the BAA unit could have been fine but just needed to be configured to the car. There is a lot of info on the forum about this. Look for Motorman's posts explaining the behavior of ABS modules.

Old 11-23-2015 | 05:11 AM
|

A WDS was not used. I thought these were "plug and play". Looks like I need to retry. If I got a used working unit from a car that had abs module never rebuilt would that be plug and play or also need to be reconfigured? Thinking once a service done to rebuild abs module reason why you need to reconfigure.
Thank You

Old 11-23-2015 | 08:54 AM

A WDS was not used. I thought these were "plug and play". Looks like I need to retry. If I got a used working unit from a car that had abs module never rebuilt would that be plug and play or also need to be reconfigured? Thinking once a service done to rebuild abs module reason why you need to reconfigure
Thank You
As Motorman has taught us, sometimes the modules are plug-and-play and sometimes not. It seems to depend on how long it has been since the module has been powered up. The module forgets/loses some if its configuration info over long periods of no power.

Old 11-23-2015 | 07:04 PM

I have a part#LNC2210AD

Jaguar dealer said part#JLM20566 is correct# for my Vin. Also, is that the pump or module# dealer gave me? Not buying a new module from the dealer as the cost is crazy from them.
What is the correct part# to use for these modules? It seems the "LNC...." isn't always what you go by?
The LNCxxxxxxxx numbers on the module itself are NOT the Jaguar part numbers.

The JLM20556 (not JLM20566) is correct for a 1999 XJ8 with traction control. That number is NOT written on the module.

JLM20556 is for the module itself, NOT the module and pump assy.
It will be for the 6 pipe (9 valve) ABS WITH traction control. The 9 solenoids are the black and grey colored coils.

If you install an incorrect part your instpk display should state 'WRONG PART FITTED'.

If the module has lost it's internal 'memory' then it will state 'WRONG PART FITTED'. and will need to be configured to the car as a NEW MODULE. Any module except a JLM20556 cannot be configured to the car and operate correctly. (if it can even be configured??)

I have listed all the modules and the models they fit in previous posts throughout the years. You might try a forum search for more info.

bob gauff