Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 07:04 AM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default ronramjet

I am interested.

Old 08-24-2019, 03:55 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I also added this item and am very happy

I learned about this device on this forum and decided to try it.

Short answer:
Works great! You won't be disappointed. About a 4 hour job including all the tool building and only moderate technical skills needed. Hardest part was shortening the hex wrench because that is very hard steel and I used up a bunch of grinding heads on my Dremel.
The guidance on this thread is very good.

Longer answer:
Before I bought this device I decided to drain and replace my trans fluid after purchasing my XJ8 used and not knowing how recently it had been replaced. When I started the job I had the car flat and level and decided to start by removing the fill plug. When I removed the fill plug a whole bunch of fluid came out. That told me that the guidance to fill only to this plug was possibly wrong. I would need to do that and then a bit more to get back to where it had been originally. So when I refilled the transmission I tilted the car up on the right side to add a bit more fluid. Well, that was too much extra fluid. The transmission had some problem shifting gears. So I drained off the extra to go back to the original fill mark as per spec. It worked, but I could hear a slushing sound when getting up to speed when cold.

I then purchased and installed this device and then added fluid a little at a time and driving it for a day to see that things were still good. Then added more and tried again. It is perfect now. No shifting problems and no more slushing sound.

The following users liked this post:
Jhartz (08-26-2019)
Old 08-29-2019, 10:08 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am interested, very.