XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

99 Jaguar xj8 OverHeating when driving not idling After Transmission Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Jaguar xj8 OverHeating when driving not idling After Transmission Rebuild

Anyways I have a 99 jaguar xj8. I had transmission rebuilt. They called me and told me it was ready to pick up they just had to top coolant fluid cause they had to remove the reservoir to get to the transmission. So I said ok and I drove an hour there. Once I got there they told me I could pick it up because the coolant light was on. Well I guess After they rebuilt transmission and things and did what they did. Now if it idles it doesnt overheat. When driving it overheats. So that was 5 business days ago and they still havent fixed it. they called today and tried to tell me they found a blown out hose. and I said well before I had trans rebuilt I drove it 5 hours away and then an hour to your shop and he didnt say much accept that its still didnt fix the problem. so They where going to change the thermostat and will let me know how that goes.. Well they didnt call me back thise evening so Im guessing that didnt fix the problem neither. So I guess they call me tomorow and let me know that.

My question is what do you think the problem is considering. that Ive never had overheating problems then drove it 5 hours away and then when i came back home. Which i knew it needed because of slipping on take off the trans rebuilt . THen I drive it an hour there. THen after they do what they do it now oveheats when driving only not idling. Im still waiting on them to fix it but I am getting Verry Verry IMpatient now. Let me know what you guys think they could have done. Would be highly apprecaited.

Regards,

Old 12-02-2010, 07:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 417 Likes on 308 Posts

If the water pump has never been replaced, you're way overdue. Do it yourself and you save a couple hundred bucks - unless they are holding you hostage. Unfortunately, it sounds like you've got some real comedians working on your Jag.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally got it back today . Yeahhhh Finally. What it was they found a small hole they prob made it considering i had no issues before and a new thermostat they said fixed it . But they charged me nothing for doing both those 2 things so it turned out good even though it took so freaking long. Thanks for your feedback jeremy.