XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

99 XJ8L Audible beeping/chime issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 04:55 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 99 XJ8L Audible beeping/chime issue

Hello all-

Curious issue my 99 Jag XJ8L (308) is currently experiencing and I'm hoping someone may have some ideas that I could try.

The problem:

Upon start up, I get a series of 5 beeps/chimes (think fasten seatbelt chime sounding). This 5 beeps/chimes occurs 5 times (5 sets of 5 chimes) with about 3-5 seconds in between. I have no MIL amber or red light illuminated so I'm baffled. This is not just isolated to start up (although constant at start up after system check), as it will alarm sometimes at random as I'm driving. Still with no warning message or MIL lamp to be seen.

I have in the past had the "Stability Control Failure" (amber MIL illuminated) issue and have re-soldered the power connection to the ABS module which didn't fix the stability control failure problem. I then removed each of the wheel sensors and cleaned them and ran a brass wire brush over the cogs to clean them up. I believe this fixed the stability control failure issue as it has not returned to the warning display window.

Any veteran Jag XJ8 members have any suggestions or ideas as to what may be occurring and why I'm getting what seems to be a warning chime, but no warning message displayed? (And a solution?! hahaha)

Thanks in advance for your help and I can try to better describe or answer questions about it if needed...

Cheers!

Templar