XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

ABS/TRAC Not Avail ... warning lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 09:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry ABS/TRAC Not Avail ... warning lights

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to extinguish the check eng/ABS/TRAC not available lights due to the codes c1095 & c1145?

I have repaired the ABS module solder joint and cleaned the wheel sensors.

I purchased an Autel Diag_Link scanner {$109 on Amazon added the SW for Jaguar} only to find out from Autel that even though their website doesn't say which model Jags their scanner cover/don't cover ... the 2001 XJ*/VDP [X-308} IS NOT SUPPORTED!!!!!

I have tried web forum suggestions to remove the battery cables, shunt them together for 30 mins. ... and trying another suggestion of trying to start the vehicle "whilst"the cables are off etc. ... no joy!

If I test the codes with the scanner, it now shows "NO FAULT" in ABS module ... but won't allow me to "ERASE CODES" comes back with "ERASE ERROR" ... be sure ignition in pos 2 and check obdII cable is all the way in.

The vehicle is power restricted as long as it thinks the problem still exists.

Any Help would be appreciated!!!

Ray H.
215.796.2923[c]

Old 09-01-2017, 08:26 AM
Received 8,246 Likes on 4,973 Posts

You can swap the front ABS wheel speed sensor link harnesses right-to-left and see if the fault follows the harness.

If that fails to resolve the issue you probably have a faulty ABS module.

I have 2 or 3 modules that have PERMANENT C1145 logged in the module. I cannot clear them and have even transferred the modules to KNOWN-GOOD cars and the problem followed the MODULE.

I don't know why it is ALWAYS C1145 but it seems to be only that (left-front) DTC.

A good-used ABS module shoud fix your problem. JLM21323 is the part number for your car.

bob

The following users liked this post:
Highhorse (09-03-2017)