XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

aftermarket coolant gauge

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 05:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,352 Likes on 927 Posts
Default Pro Torque

Originally Posted by King Charles
Looking for this now to no avail so far.
You will need to set this up by yourself in the various menu's of Torque Pro.
I can try to give you some directions if you want / need.

Old 01-27-2016, 05:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,021 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by ericjansen
You will need to set this up by yourself in the various menu's of Torque Pro.
I can try to give you some directions if you want / need.
When you have time please do sir.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:17 PM
Veteran Member
Default Torque Pro

King Charles,

Not sure this is the appropriate thread, we might consider to start a separate thread for this.

Regarding Torque Pro, there are many many options and variations, and the best thing is just to play around with it offline and online, just to learn the functioning of all buttons, gauges, options, etc.

It is not the easiest of programs to handle, so try to figure out how to save your work, just in case .

Below are just some guidelines to get you started, but it is only the way I did it, you might end up with something completely different.

THEMES:
1. In the opening screen (rotating menu), click on the left bottom MENU, then SETTINGS, then CHOOSE A THEME, you will get a list of options of gauge designs.
Some are only gauges, others come with a fixed background.
I used BLUE PLASMA to be the closest to the Jaguar gauges.

2. Click one back, then CHOOSE BACKGROUND IMAGE.
You can use any image from your phone directory to set, just click on it, then return to the opening screen.
I enclose the JPEG of the Walnut Burl I use.

GAUGES:
From the opening screen, click on REALTIME INFORMATION, and you should see the blue plasma gauges on your own background.
If not, you did something wrong .

LAYOUTS:
You can select up to 15 pages to fill with gauges and other info, but you can reduce the number of pages in SETTINGS if you do not need so much.
Adding gauges is just pushing the blank background on the desired page, a menu will show up.

It is really a trial and error process to set this up, lining up everything properly took me the most time.
But by trying you will slowly get an idea 'what's where'.

The active info for each gauge differs with the brand and type of a car, so you will need to check with Torque connected.
If you add gauges, the active ones will show up in green (might take a bit).

Once you selected a gauge, you can further detail it by pushing it a bit, then follow the various menu's.
I enclose some of my pages directly related to my x308 as a reference.
They are off-line screenshots, so some info is missing.

Finally, you can save your layout (keep saving in the process!) by clicking OPTIONS, then LAYOUT SETTINGS, then EXPORT LAYOUT and give it a name and a version number.
You can import your latest work from here by clicking IMPORT LAYOUT.

Sure more questions will follow, feel free to ask as ever!

E.

Attached Thumbnails aftermarket coolant gauge-torque-01.jpg   aftermarket coolant gauge-torque-02.jpg   aftermarket coolant gauge-torque-03.jpg   aftermarket coolant gauge-torque-04.jpg   aftermarket coolant gauge-torque-05.jpg  

aftermarket coolant gauge-torque-06.jpg   aftermarket coolant gauge-torque-07.jpg   aftermarket coolant gauge-torque-08.jpg   aftermarket coolant gauge-torque-09.jpg  
The following 3 users liked this post by ericjansen:
CharlzO (01-28-2016), Jhartz (01-28-2016), King Charles (01-27-2016)
Old 02-13-2016, 02:32 PM
Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

I am trying to use Torque on my '01 XJR. The OBDII adapter I purchased is unable to establish communications with the ECM. It tries all the protocols it knows and then gives an error.

Can you tell me which of the protocols the adapter that you are using, uses to establish communication with the ECM? Hopefully that is recorded or displayed by your install of Torque.

Thanks.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:38 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by cybercg
I am trying to use Torque on my '01 XJR. The OBDII adapter I purchased is unable to establish communications with the ECM. It tries all the protocols it knows and then gives an error.

Can you tell me which of the protocols the adapter that you are using, uses to establish communication with the ECM? Hopefully that is recorded or displayed by your install of Torque.

Thanks.
Mine is set @ the default connecting option which was prompted on initial set-up.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:55 PM
Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Are you using the free version of Torque or the paid version. There might be a difference there. My installation of Torque did not prompt me for any info.

Old 02-13-2016, 03:00 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by cybercg
Are you using the free version of Torque or the paid version. There might be a difference there. My installation of Torque did not prompt me for any info.
Torque Pro is the paid version.

Try Here

You may have a faulty adapter so I'd pursue a return on that, if tweaking settings doesn't help.

Last edited by King Charles; 02-13-2016 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:24 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by King Charles
Mine is set @ the default connecting option which was prompted on initial set-up.
Talking Torque Pro; you can check and play to set the default connector in OPENING SCREEN (the rotating gauges), then VEHICLE PROFILE, then select the car profile (in case 2 or more cars set-up) or scroll down to some options in selecting the correct Bluetooth and protocol.

I guess it is a bit trial and error, but it might solve your problem.
Mine selected automatically as stated by King Charles, but I had a period it messed up with the Parrot Bluetooth (my fault of course).