XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Anxiety

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 03:02 PM
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

sorry to see you go...if thats what you decide to do...re leaving calif.....understand completely....having lived in san diego.....very difficult for me to leave but i did....probably for same reasons you want to leave...

i would re-think selling the the vp.....i know what it feels like re the emotional connection you obviously have....but the harsh weather and your not wanting to put the car through this , is something i fully understand....im back in the north east...and put my 2000 long in storage from jan-april....good luck and you will be missed.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 872 Likes on 719 Posts

Sounds like a great gal. Hope she likes the loneliness of Idaho!

On my fifth, this old gal goes nuts if she can't touch the condo next door . . .

Old 10-31-2013, 08:56 AM
Received 282 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Jhartz
Sounds like a great gal. Hope she likes the loneliness of Idaho!

On my fifth, this old gal goes nuts if she can't touch the condo next door . . .

Told'ya I was lucky. Mine rides horses better than me, loves to shoot (I am better there), and dislikes MOST people. Loves animals, open ranges, log cabins, roaring fires, fast snowmobiles, and some luxuries (Jaguars, Range Rovers, Rolex watches, etc.).

I lived in the BIG cities all my life, and was a "city slicker" before I met her. I rode horses, but not Western. I was never covered with the horse froth, filthy on the trail, and I never shoveled manure. Now I take pleasure in that, I shave with the straight razor, and my hands feel like parchment.
Quite the gal,...let me tell you.

But I still want to have a landing strip for my Piper, and when I feel like a "black tie" outing to the big city, I can do it whenever it pleases me. I go to Beverly Whilshire, get pampered, hit the clubs on the Boulevard, and go back to my solitude, after I'm done.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 542 Likes on 423 Posts

Hey Daniel,

PM or call me if next Thursday works for you. I took the day off in preparation for a trip but it moved to Friday AM- Plan on 3-4 hours MAX, let me know if you need any tools (torque wrench etc.)

Old 10-31-2013, 09:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 872 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by danielsand
Told'ya I was lucky. Mine rides horses better than me, loves to shoot (I am better there), and dislikes MOST people. Loves animals, open ranges, log cabins, roaring fires, fast snowmobiles, and some luxuries (Jaguars, Range Rovers, Rolex watches, etc.).

I lived in the BIG cities all my life, and was a "city slicker" before I met her. I rode horses, but not Western. I was never covered with the horse froth, filthy on the trail, and I never shoveled manure. Now I take pleasure in that, I shave with the straight razor, and my hands feel like parchment.
Quite the gal,...let me tell you.

But I still want to have a landing strip for my Piper, and when I feel like a "black tie" outing to the big city, I can do it whenever it pleases me. I go to Beverly Whilshire, get pampered, hit the clubs on the Boulevard, and go back to my solitude, after I'm done.
I would still rather live in Ca (if I could afford the taxes). Sounds like a great life -- reminds me that I should have stayed in law school (oh, I forgot, Lyndon wouldn't let me). Best of luck to you. I still owe you one.