XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Apple Auto Glass

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Apple Auto Glass

Anyone here ever used Apple Auto Glass to do upholstery work on your car?
The leather on the rear centre console where the seat heater buttons are has been damaged beyond repair by the previous owner's grandchild. Today, I removed the piece from the car and took it to my local Apple Auto Glass. My friend referred me to them as he had them replace the leather on a piece of his Land Rover LR3. The guy at the store said he couldn't find a leather grain in stock to match that of the Connolly Autolux. He had some vinyl that was a near perfect match, but I insisted on leather. So, next week he is going to hunt around and call me. Anyway, any experience with these people?

Old 03-12-2011, 02:24 PM
luc
Received 195 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by pezzonovante88
Anyone here ever used Apple Auto Glass to do upholstery work on your car?
The leather on the rear centre console where the seat heater buttons are has been damaged beyond repair by the previous owner's grandchild. Today, I removed the piece from the car and took it to my local Apple Auto Glass. My friend referred me to them as he had them replace the leather on a piece of his Land Rover LR3. The guy at the store said he couldn't find a leather grain in stock to match that of the Connolly Autolux. He had some vinyl that was a near perfect match, but I insisted on leather. So, next week he is going to hunt around and call me. Anyway, any experience with these people?
Are you talking about the rear console itself or the trim plate in which the heather switchs mount?
Which color is your leather?
If it is Warm Charcoal, I could send you a piece of the correct Autolux leather

Last edited by luc; 03-12-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by luc
Are you talking about the rear console itself or the trim plate in which the heather switchs mount?
Which color is your leather?
If it is Warm Charcoal, I could send you a piece of the correct Autolux leather
I mean both the rectangular part surrounding the little wood veneer plate and the little part attached to it where the seat heater buttons are. It is charcoal. It would be amazing if I could get some Autolux hide! How much $ would you want?

Old 03-13-2011, 12:26 PM
luc
Received 195 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by pezzonovante88
I mean both the rectangular part surrounding the little wood veneer plate and the little part attached to it where the seat heater buttons are. It is charcoal. It would be amazing if I could get some Autolux hide! How much $ would you want?
I would not charge you for it but since I don't have a lot of it left, I don't want to send you more that what you really need.
Best way to do that would be for you to remove the leather on the console (a few staples and glue) and send it to me.
I could then unstich the 2 leather panels, do a template and send you only what you need.
You should make sure that Aplle auto glass know how to make French stitching and what they will charge you do do it.
BTW, cost for new parts are as follow:
Plate Surround: GNC8370DBLEG $26
Console Extention: GNC8361DALEG $275

Old 03-13-2011, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by luc
I would not charge you for it but since I don't have a lot of it left, I don't want to send you more that what you really need.
Best way to do that would be for you to remove the leather on the console (a few staples and glue) and send it to me.
I could then unstich the 2 leather panels, do a template and send you only what you need.
You should make sure that Aplle auto glass know how to make French stitching and what they will charge you do do it.
BTW, cost for new parts are as follow:
Plate Surround: GNC8370DBLEG $26
Console Extention: GNC8361DALEG $275
Well first off, that would be hugely kind of you. Apple Auto Glass currently has the piece, so I will see if they can make a template that I could send you. Apparently, they do know how to match the French stitching, so all I would need is the leather. I'll PM you when I get back in contact with Apple to see what we can work out. Thanks very much.