XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Aux In Through CD Changer Cable

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 203 Likes on 148 Posts

Ok, I just placed my order. Will update here when I get it installed...probably next weekend.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member

The adapter came in the mail today, installed it in about 1/2 hour (I'm kind of slow - LOL), and it works perfectly so far! Going to go for a 'test ride" in a few minutes. Will report back later.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:33 PM
Veteran Member

Went for a long drive, worked fine. My iPhone map app with turn by turn instructions comes through on the radio speakers, too. I placed one phone call, didn't seem to use the speakers like my cassette adapter does, but I'll check it again later.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:35 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OldMike
Went for a long drive, worked fine. My iPhone map app with turn by turn instructions comes through on the radio speakers, too. I placed one phone call, didn't seem to use the speakers like my cassette adapter does, but I'll check it again later.
Hehehe, Half hour is about average especially if you have not taken the radio out prior --

As for the iPhone, I've not tested that feature but i don't believe bluetooth audio comes out the dock connector which means it won't work as if it was connected to the headphone jack but i could be wrong and if i'm right just purchase a 3.5mm to dock adapter or consider a full bluetooth kit which mutes the stereo and routes audio to the car speakers.(Novero, Parrot, Motorola etc)
Here is one such adapter others are
3.5-PODF Universal 3.5mm Audio to Female iPod dock adapter cable :: Accessories
disadvantage-- it won't charge your phone.
Good luck with your new adapter. hopefully you won't miss the changer.

The following users liked this post:
OldMike (01-01-2013)
Old 04-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by quietcoolone
On another note, I noticed today that there is an iPod adapter version that retains the cd changer
JAG-CDR iPod Adapter with CD Changer Retention for Select Jaguars :: iPod Adapters & Interfaces
This option was not available when we made the switch, but i must say that we don't miss the changer because most of what we listen to is on the iPhone, but a good option for those who want both.
Hi all. Just found this thread today, and this post seems to be exactly what I want for my 2000 XJR, but the Discount Car Stereo website says it's no longer available. Before I try to ask them about it, does anyone know of another source, or what may be going on with this original source. Seems like people here were ordering them as late as December, just four months ago. Thanks.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:31 AM
Veteran Member

I just clicked on the link that you quoted and it says they have it in stock.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by OldMike
I just clicked on the link that you quoted and it says they have it in stock.
Thanks for that, got one on the way! It was showing as "part no longer available" or something like that the other day, didn't have the picture, text, or anything.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member

Glad you got one ordered -- it's a nice device to have!

Old 04-20-2013, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by theinkdon
Thanks for that, got one on the way! It was showing as "part no longer available" or something like that the other day, didn't have the picture, text, or anything.
Oops, I DON'T have one on the way. I'd prematurely said that, because the next thing I was going to do was order one, but then I noticed that the product page says the part is not in stock. So I guess they fixed the link so now it shows the product details, but it's still not available.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:19 AM
Veteran Member

I don't know why you get that out of stock message -- I just clicked on this link JAG-CDR iPod Adapter with CD Changer Retention for Select Jaguars :: iPod Adapters & Interfaces and it shows that it's in stock.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by theinkdon
Oops, I DON'T have one on the way. I'd prematurely said that, because the next thing I was going to do was order one, but then I noticed that the product page says the part is not in stock. So I guess they fixed the link so now it shows the product details, but it's still not available.
You are right if your vehicle has the amplifier.
Here is what i read:
"The JAG-CDR connects at the CD Auto Changer location in the trunk/boot. (20ft. dock cable included).
NOTE: This version of the adapter is not currently available. This message will be removed as soon as this option becomes available."
JAG-CDR iPod Adapter with CD Changer Retention for Select Jaguars :: iPod Adapters & Interfaces

based on that the version available is the one that connects at the radio and not in the trunk.
Or perhaps you should email them for an update.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,356 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Default update...

Sean,
Thanks for your interest.
We are working on a new version of that adapter because the switcher
vendor is no longer supplying this part.
Do you know how many parts required? (group buy anyone?)

Cordially,
Jay Coban
DiscountCarStereo.com
Discount Car Stereo

Old 04-23-2013, 05:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That cable looks exactly like the kind of thing I need, however I have the Harman Kardon speakers so I'm guessing it won't work with my car?

Old 04-24-2013, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by giblet
That cable looks exactly like the kind of thing I need, however I have the Harman Kardon speakers so I'm guessing it won't work with my car?
Giblet,
I'm guessing you have an amp and cd changer; and to retain use of the cd changer you need the JAG-CDR version that is not currently available.
on the other hand if like me you don't mind sacrificing the cd changer, consider the iP-JAGCD (i and many others here have this and its been working well).
iP-JAGCD iPod Adapter for Select Jaguar with CD Auto Changer :: iPod Adapters & Interfaces

The following users liked this post:
giblet (04-24-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 03:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by quietcoolone
Giblet,
I'm guessing you have an amp and cd changer; and to retain use of the cd changer you need the JAG-CDR version that is not currently available.
on the other hand if like me you don't mind sacrificing the cd changer, consider the iP-JAGCD (i and many others here have this and its been working well).
iP-JAGCD iPod Adapter for Select Jaguar with CD Auto Changer :: iPod Adapters & Interfaces
Thanks for that, the cd changer is not a must have for me so that cable should do the trick. That cable seems to charge ipods/iphones so thats a bonus

Old 05-09-2014, 11:04 PM

Hello Sarc:
I've spent countless hours trying to get to the bottom of how I can splice into my 2003 S-Type Jag w/Alpine premium sound (no nav.). I can't seem to find the details on the cd hack or a simple cable hack - or confirmation that it works. It seems by your posts that you're in the 'know'. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Mark

Old 07-22-2014, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know....???

What the x-type cd changer "power supply" cord is called and who makes it.

Can this power supply be replaced if it isnt supplying power or is damaged?

If so where does the power supply originate in the jaguar x-type?

Is there any way to test to see if power is coming out of the plug that fits into the cd changer?

Old 07-22-2014, 06:46 PM
Received 221 Likes on 172 Posts

Have you got any pictures of the cd stacker and the cable that goes into it? If you can find a wiring for your car that should tell you which wires are the speaker left, right and ground. That goes for both x-type and s-type.

On a related note, I installed my hacked up ainet patch cable over the weekend. I made it out of an old ainet cable, the female ainet plug from an old cd stacker, and a pair of rca plugs. The cable works exactly the same as the ipod one mentioned in this thread, but has rca plugs instead of an ipod cable.

So far it works great, exactly as was expected, I just select cd on the headunit and plug my phone or ipod into the rcas with a 3.5mm headphone to rca adaptor

Old 10-05-2014, 02:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Supplier for KCA-410C Module?

Hello everyone,

I have scoured the threads regarding aux addition but I have not found a supplier selling these switches. Am I going blind or did I overlook the obvious?

Thanks for the patience

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 10-06-2014, 08:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,985 Likes on 2,124 Posts

Originally Posted by Cougar
Hello everyone,

I have scoured the threads regarding aux addition but I have not found a supplier selling these switches. Am I going blind or did I overlook the obvious?

Thanks for the patience

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It has been out of production for several years. They come up used on ebay periodically.

Quick Reply: Aux In Through CD Changer Cable