XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Bass Trunk Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bass Trunk Rattle

Hello,

So I recently installed 2 JL 10's into my trunk, 2 thinks trunk rattle is driving me nuts, an bass isnt as hard as it should be inside the cab.

For the bass to reach into the cab better, I intened to port the rear plate above the tank, an open the hole in the cover for where the stock 6x9 would have been, thus allowing the trunk to breath.

Now im at a loss for how to get the trunk to stop rattling? Thus far I have sprayed the trunk opening, where the locking mechinisum an push rods are; with rubberized undercoating. The liscense plate is washered into place at all 4 points, allowing no vibrations, I have also increased the trunk seal by adding a layer of weather strip to the inside of the lid cover corrosponding to the original attached to the frame.

Any an all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks ahead of time,

Joe

Old 04-15-2011, 12:18 AM

Well,
I have solved the issue, upon further checking of the lid I relized that the push pull rods of the lock, manily the push pull of the auto trunk release, were extremly loose, so I tightened the one for the key lock, now the one for the auto realease is non adujstable so what I did was used styrofoam, cut a slot into it to where it is pushing up against the frame.....no more rattles from the trunk, just solid clean bass!!!

Old 04-15-2011, 12:22 AM
Received 90 Likes on 22 Posts

Good to hear...
Pics would be nice... I have a 10yr old 10" Bazooka powered woofer I was gonna mount in the trunk and was wondering how to let the bass in the cabin...

Old 04-15-2011, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by mzs_biteme
Good to hear...
Pics would be nice... I have a 10yr old 10" Bazooka powered woofer I was gonna mount in the trunk and was wondering how to let the bass in the cabin...
Hello,

From my understanding, even though u dont have the upgraded sound system, there is still a hole in the rear deckplate for the 6x9, the only thing u have to do is to openb up the reardeck plate cover. havent tried it myself yet, next weekends project for sure now that the rattles are good to go.

take care, an good luck.