XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Begging For X308 XJR Fuse Box Maps

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Begging For X308 XJR Fuse Box Maps

When I bought my car it didn't come with a users manual, and since in Jag's infinite wisdom they decided labeling the fuse boxes was for plebes I don't know what fuse is what.

If everything electrical was perfect, I wouldn't be asking this, but since my drivers side window has decided going down was not its thing anymore I'm putting out a request for fuse box diagrams which correspond to the 1999 Jaguar XJR. A couple digital photos for the underhood, underseat right and underseat left side fuse box diagrams from the owners manual would be fantastic. Unless, of course, there are other fuse boxes hiding all over the car, which I can only safely assume, please add those too.

I realize the fuse or relay may very well not be the problem, but since I can hear the motor clicking over when I hit the down switch, I'm assuming a relay has given up the ghost and would like to either confirm that and replace it, or be able to walk into the service department armed with information rather than a blank stare saying "uh, it doesn't work." (at which point the dealer only hears "cha-ching, cha-ching")

Of course, if my search-fu has failed and this has been posted before, please, oh sages of the forum, redirect me to the appropriate thread and I will be most greatful.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Received 8,106 Likes on 4,891 Posts

Electrical guides have all the info you need. Fuse and relay info is not always complete. I have seen this on the internet.

http://www.captainjaguarscathouse.co..._Reference.htm

bob gauff

Old 01-17-2010, 07:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,111 Likes on 932 Posts

The electrical guides do indeed have everything you would want to know about the fuses . . . . if you are an electrical engineer. The fuse charts are another thing.

I have the ones from a '00 XK8/R in the much more practical manner owners might use. They should be very similar to your car but no guarantee.

Send me a PM with your public email address and I will send them to you. And yes, fuse panels are scattered all over.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 535 Likes on 337 Posts

Hi Ben

Sorry to hear your window is not playing. There are no relays for the windows, they are connected directly to the door control modules (1 per door)

The door control module in the drivers door is powered by :

Fuse 2 (5A) & Fuse 15 (25A), both of which are in the LH heel board fuse box (The one infront of the bottom of the rear seat)

Do the other windows work from the drivers door switch pack ? If not, it could be a problem with the switch pack itself.

Is the window not going up or down ? I know that may sound like a silly question, if it's already up, how can you know if it would go up, but if you sit in the car with the ignition on and listen, you can hear the door module clicking if you press the window up switch, even when the window is fully closed.

PM me with your email address if you want scans of the fuse/relay/control module pages from the owners manual (I have a US spec '00 XJR)

Old 01-18-2010, 02:16 AM
Received 120 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by BenWojdyla
When I bought my car it didn't come with a users manual, and since in Jag's infinite wisdom they decided labeling the fuse boxes was for plebes I don't know what fuse is what.

If everything electrical was perfect, I wouldn't be asking this, but since my drivers side window has decided going down was not its thing anymore I'm putting out a request for fuse box diagrams which correspond to the 1999 Jaguar XJR. A couple digital photos for the underhood, underseat right and underseat left side fuse box diagrams from the owners manual would be fantastic. Unless, of course, there are other fuse boxes hiding all over the car, which I can only safely assume, please add those too.

I realize the fuse or relay may very well not be the problem, but since I can hear the motor clicking over when I hit the down switch, I'm assuming a relay has given up the ghost and would like to either confirm that and replace it, or be able to walk into the service department armed with information rather than a blank stare saying "uh, it doesn't work." (at which point the dealer only hears "cha-ching, cha-ching")

Of course, if my search-fu has failed and this has been posted before, please, oh sages of the forum, redirect me to the appropriate thread and I will be most greatful.
Here is the Vehicle Care Guide I use for my 1999 XJR. So far, all the fuse locations are accuarate.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wg0hnm2j32z

See Pages 4-12 thru 4-24

It is a PDF file, so be sure you have the Adobe Reader installed on your computer for viewing.

All of my Jaguar Downloads:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3...e4b9ac475cdcd3

The following users liked this post:
Platinum XJR (10-04-2013)
Old 01-18-2010, 02:34 AM
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

what year xjr

Old 03-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by motorcarman
Electrical guides have all the info you need. Fuse and relay info is not always complete. I have seen this on the internet.

http://www.captainjaguarscathouse.co..._Reference.htm

bob gauff
I need help!!! I cannot decipher these charts. My front and rear cigar lighters are inoperable. Fuse is either blown or missing, so I need to know which fuse to replace and from which fuse box, and the amp. Its fantastic that you posted this extremely thorough book, but this type of thing is far from my strong suit.
Thanks! (2001 XJ8 VdP, LHD)

Last edited by pezzonovante88; 03-11-2011 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Providing additional info
Old 03-12-2011, 02:38 AM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by pezzonovante88
I need help!!! I cannot decipher these charts. My front and rear cigar lighters are inoperable. Fuse is either blown or missing, so I need to know which fuse to replace and from which fuse box, and the amp. Its fantastic that you posted this extremely thorough book, but this type of thing is far from my strong suit.
Thanks! (2001 XJ8 VdP, LHD)
Both cigar lighters share - Trunk Fuse Box, Fuse #5, 25A.

The following users liked this post:
pezzonovante88 (03-13-2011)
Old 03-12-2011, 08:17 AM
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Smile Well...

On the fuse box cover the 1998 had a nice quick reference...

Old 03-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,064 Likes on 867 Posts

Cigar fuse lighter fuse locations changed to AT LEAST three different locations between 1998 and 2002. And in different panels. So, the best place to liook is the specific chart for your car as found in the owners manual.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you fix your window? If not, try pulling the positive cable from your battery and grounding it to the neagive post. My window problems in the past have required that the door control unit be reset. This has twice solved issues for me. Just make sure you know your radio code.

Old 03-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fixed it. Thanks folks. Cigar lighter was trunk fuse box, F5 25amp.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

Maybe you guys can help me....

Ok I have an x308 on the lot. 1998 XJ8.

I have driven this car without incident several times before. I decided to drive it home last night. As soon as I pull out of the lot, I go to roll down the drivers window. It goes down about 2" and stops. At first I thought my finger had slipped off the switch. Hit the switch, up, down, nothing....

So I get the car home as it is, and try the other window switches on the driver door. Then the passenger door did the same thing. After that the driver door window switches stopped responding altogether. The power mirror portion of the switch still works fine. All of the other switches in the 3 other doors work fine.

I was able to close all the windows (including the drivers) via putting the key in the door and holding it closed. I can also open them all that way, but the driver power switches seem to have given up the ghost. The memory seat portion of the switch doesn't seem to be working either.

Did my switch just randomly die like that? Did something get disconnected in the door? Is there a way to reset things?

Illumination of the switch still works, so I am assuming that the electrical connection is still in tact. It seemed almost like I blew a fuse, but I checked the ones I could find in the rear footwells with no luck.

Any and all troubleshooting help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

George