XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Bit of Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 03:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bit of Help

Ok so its the 3rd week after buying the car. I find that there is a petrol leak, called in the mechanic and he says that 3 injectors need replacing as the previous owner or mechanic has tampered with it and damaged them even though only one is leaking 2 others are damaged as well so replacing them will be ideal.

Also i know my car came with the auto dimming rear view mirror which needs replacing as it just loosely hangs and the only thing i can see are the passengers at the back. Now i think my car comes with the Auto headlight option since i can see the auto mark on the light shaft which doesnt function when i turn it on and im not sure about the rain sensing wipers option either.

so my question to you folks is

1) Could you guys help me with the part number for injectors, cost of new or used and where i can source it in england
2) Part number of the rear view mirror
3) How do i go about checking if the rain sensing wiper option was available.

Any help on these will be greatly appreciated im trying to get the car back into nick shape as much as possible its an obsession owning a Jag and it keeps growing on me everyday

Old 03-20-2013, 06:08 AM
GGG
Received 16,866 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by YALA
................. my question to you folks is

1) Could you guys help me with the part number for injectors, cost of new or used and where i can source it in england
2) Part number of the rear view mirror
3) How do i go about checking if the rain sensing wiper option was available. .........
Here is the Injector Part Numbers for the 3.2 Litre:

Bit of Help-x308-injectors.jpg

Here are the Rear View Mirror options:

Bit of Help-x308-interior-mirror.jpg

If you have Rain Sensing Wipers fitted, there will be an AUTO position on the rotary collar. Set the rotary collar to AUTO and the stalk to INTERMITTENT wipe to use the function.

You are looking for new or used parts suppliers in England?

Graham

The following users liked this post:
Yala (03-20-2013)
Old 03-20-2013, 11:38 PM

Thanks graham this will really help me out. Yup in england its half the price over there and i have family and friends who travel back and forth so its a matter of carrying stuff with them unless of course its a big item which needs to be shipped. I remember the auto mark on the light shaft but dont remember auto on the wipe shaft ill check on it. Cheers for the help

Old 03-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Received 120 Likes on 69 Posts

I believe the Auto Wiper also has a sensor built into the Rear View Mirror in the mounting bracket.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:21 PM
Received 122 Likes on 101 Posts

Ebay has everything. Use Ebay UK to save on shipping. The mirror should just need an
adjustment. Mine used to fall off, but I got it to stay without replacing it.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:42 AM

i got in touch with a breaker company over the weekend they asked me if the injectors were bolt on on clip on types i was thinking once the part number is given it should be easy but never knew there can be more than one variant with the same part number..Lear45 thanks i get it shipped to a UK address and get some one to hand carry it over...the mirror is loose where the mount ball attaches it self to mirror bracket

Old 04-22-2013, 04:18 AM

Update
1) Up and about running the car after the injectors were fixed. Thought id give it a go and try and get the FOB working together with the alarm. I replaced the batteries on the FOB and no go with that, so next i thought ill run through the fuses but the diagrams dont point out to the security system, except for security sounder. Anyone know which fuse/es to check and what my next step would need to be and is there anyway i can check arm the alarm from the master key?

2) next on my list of things to do is to get the boot unlocking mechanism working. when i press the button i can hear a motor running but no popping trunks. i can open it with the master key so im wondering why it wont with the motor as its the same mechanism.