XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

can someone kindly post a dropbox of sclm?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012 | 02:38 PM
|
Default can someone kindly post a dropbox of sclm?

im trying to figure out what all it controls because everything is great if i don't lock and unlock doors. The gas flipper motor is inoperative maybe this could be causing the problem?

Old 12-25-2012 | 08:26 PM

the SLCM controls your tail lights, brake lights and security system. It does not control your high mount brake light or your trailer wiring harness. I am not sure it controls your gas cap but if you locked your car and it locked as well it could be stuck in valet mode which would not allow it unlock. Check that it happened to me. If you can get into the trunk you can also manually unlock the gas lid just shine a light in there unplug the electrical harness and you'll see how to do it. Easy. Then plug it back in and see if its ok.

Old 12-25-2012 | 09:21 PM
|

Im having trouble with when i lock my doors the alarm arms and doors lock but i have to keep rebooting the car because the driver window stops working and the Moonroof acts up. I have been leaving it unlocked and all is well. But i have a high end stereo system installed and work in Detroit so id like to be able to lock my car. There has to be something that happens when i lock and unlock the door that's causing problems. The only thing not working is that flipper motor. It is plugged in also.

Old 12-26-2012 | 05:11 AM
Veteran Member

Sounds like the drivers door microswitch, which is a pain to get to might be faulty.

I vaguely remember some posts about the sun visor wiring shorting and causing issues like this (sunroof). They're linked to the vanity lights, you'd have to unscrew the mounts and check the wiring for any broken coverings shorting against the body.

You can check and test the little fuel filler solenoid by removing it from the car and putting 12V through it, if it doesn't respond I've one you can buy...or you can get hold of one by contacting members who are breaking their cars in the classified section.