XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Climate control LCD panel ight

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 11:17 PM
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Climate control LCD panel ight

Greetings,

All my 'button' lights appear to be working fine on my center "ski slope" console, but the little LCD screen with the temperature no longer lights up. Does this require changing any bulbs or replacing the unit that includes the LCD panel? Saw some good threads about changing bulbs, but unsure if this handles the LCD panel problem.

Cheers

Old 11-25-2013, 01:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 255 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue_XJ8
Greetings,

All my 'button' lights appear to be working fine on my center "ski slope" console, but the little LCD screen with the temperature no longer lights up. Does this require changing any bulbs or replacing the unit that includes the LCD panel? Saw some good threads about changing bulbs, but unsure if this handles the LCD panel problem.

Cheers
thatscreen if I remember correctly has two normal bulbs....one each side.
You will have to remove ski slope and remove centre control to access bulbs.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lcd

Hey there,
My 97 XJ6 and the XJR both had/have this problem. This is the guy I used back 6 years ago and will again.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAGUAR-XJ6-X...item2eb95ef452

Quick turn around and it looked/worked great.
Hope this helps
Jon

Old 12-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue_XJ8
Greetings,

Cheers
Blue - what Xjay8 said is correct. I replaced mine 2 years ago. I bought the bulbs at the dealership - there are 2 of them required. One question the parts counter guy asked me was did I want blue or green bulbs? Wasn't expecting that question! They looked green to me so I said green and that is what I installed. It turns out that they are supposed to be blue, but I like the display better "green" which looks more amber at night. The contrast is better for me to see at night for some reason. I also like that the temp and radio displays are different colors; again easier for me to see and I can tell them apart immediately when taking a quick look. The blue or green bulbs are actually identical, they just either have blue or green plastic caps in them. Changing the bulbs out is easy, just go slow so you don't drop anything down in the transmission tunnel.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 255 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by smtguy
Blue - what Xjay8 said is correct. I replaced mine 2 years ago. I bought the bulbs at the dealership - there are 2 of them required. One question the parts counter guy asked me was did I want blue or green bulbs? Wasn't expecting that question! They looked green to me so I said green and that is what I installed. It turns out that they are supposed to be blue, but I like the display better "green" which looks more amber at night. The contrast is better for me to see at night for some reason. I also like that the temp and radio displays are different colors; again easier for me to see and I can tell them apart immediately when taking a quick look. The blue or green bulbs are actually identical, they just either have blue or green plastic caps in them. Changing the bulbs out is easy, just go slow so you don't drop anything down in the transmission tunnel.
G'day Scott...I failed to mention the colours ;o)
Actually, I agre with you about colour difference....definately makes it easier
to see at night, especially in heavy traffic where you only get a slight glance to see the instruments.
Not enough attention is placed on colours of instrument panels by manufacturers I feel.
One of the most restful and easy to read dashes I have experienced is my wife's '03 Peugeot 307 which has soft red lighting.
Why do you think aircraft and navy use this colour?