XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Computer Chip Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer Chip Upgrade

Im unsure of why I didnt think of this beforebut installing and modding your existing ECU chip with a or a couple Performance chips can really boost Horsepower and Performance gains etc. They range in cost of course and they need to be installed carefullyhowever it doesnt seem to be rocket science to put in. Ive been leaning on installing one and hoping to see an increase in HP above 20-30HP. Of course, it may not necessarily go that high but I have hopes. Ive never done this before, and probably my Mechanic hasnt either, so what do you guys here think of such an Upgrade ProsCons etc???? Here is one I found recentlyand are on a couple of websites. http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Sur...ce-Chip/17558/

Also Notice this While You Read the Description:
[align=center]All Gains achieved are measured at the Wheels for True Representation of Horsepower Gains. Our Numbers are NOT from the Flywheel like many other companies do to trick you. [/align][ul][*]Is this a generic module that will fit any vehicle? [/b][*]No it is not. Each module is programmed to fit the vehicle in the title only. Even though all of our module looks the same we distinguish which application by the part number on the module.[*]Does it come with instructions? [*]Yes you will get complete step by step instructions with diagrams for easy install.[*]What is included[*]You get 1 Surge Module and all necessary hardware to have this module completely installed![*]Will it void my warranty?[*]No, our modules will not void out most warranties. If you have a very strict underwriter on your warranty you can undo the module in less than 5 minutes with no traces. You can even Re-Install it later.[*]Will this work with aftermarket intake?[*]Yes, It will work with aftermarket intake as well as stock intake.[*]Do I need any special skills or tools?[*]No special skills are required. A simple pair of strong pliers will be necessary for the install.[*]Will this module fit my 4cyl, 6cyl, 8cyl, 10cyl?[*]The Surge Module will fit all engine sizes and types for this make of vehicle, providing they are fuel injected and not turbo or not diesel.[*]Will this damage my engine?[*]Absolutely not. Since the altered signal will always stay within the manufacturer's specifications, there is no way for your engine to be damaged in any way. [/ul][align=center]** Note: Will not work with Turbo, Supercharged, or Diesel Engines![/align]

Old 12-04-2008, 06:13 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Computer Chip Upgrade

I personally have used http://www.powerchipgroup.com/ in my Land Rover and I can say without a doubt that I get better performance and if I don't drive it hard, better fuel economy. I currently get 15 mpg in town and 20 mpg on the highway when I drive it moderately compared to 10 and 15 respectfully prior to the chip. Of course I have also done the exhaust and intake upgrades.