XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Contemplating a purchase, need guidance!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 05:41 PM
Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Harvey leche
Hahah Eric Jansen. Your so damn right . I'll keep you filled in
I'm only 2 hours away from you if you want a 2nd opinion. I'll even drive my hot rod down for comparison.

Old 05-20-2017, 04:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,089 Likes on 839 Posts

A 2003 wouldn't have any timing chain issues since all the tensioners are not plastic. If the technician knew these cars, that wouldn't have even been mentioned.

Old 11-01-2017, 02:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I never wrote back! Too busy driving the JAG!!!! Not sketchy in the least bit except that i needed to replace struts and a failed fuel pump, that one hurt indeed. I love my baby. And every time I look at him/her (depends on my mood) when i walk up and especially when im driving and I am looking at the hood. I get big ol smile on my face. now to drive from california to new mexico or to not drive at all. Maybe I should rent instead? Also lock has failed on me but ill scan the forums about that one. You guys rule, so proud to be in the jag family. It is a show stopper.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:30 AM
Received 193 Likes on 169 Posts

Smiling when walking towards the car is normal, turning around to look at your Jag as you leave the car is looove

Old 11-04-2017, 12:09 PM
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

So glad you decided to join in the X-308 family. I've just purchased a 1998 Daimler V8 LWB British Racing Green from England and shipping it back to Hong Kong. Do post some pics of your XJ8 for us to see...

Originally Posted by Harvey leche
Sorry I never wrote back! Too busy driving the JAG!!!! Not sketchy in the least bit except that i needed to replace struts and a failed fuel pump, that one hurt indeed. I love my baby. And every time I look at him/her (depends on my mood) when i walk up and especially when im driving and I am looking at the hood. I get big ol smile on my face. now to drive from california to new mexico or to not drive at all. Maybe I should rent instead? Also lock has failed on me but ill scan the forums about that one. You guys rule, so proud to be in the jag family. It is a show stopper.